Selecting preferred seating on the airline ensures that travelers have a say on the type of seats, comfort level, window preference, extra legroom, and more. Allegiant Air seat selection rules and regulations explore diverse options, ways to connect with airlines, and the estimated seat selection fee.
Take a look at the Allegiant air seat selection policy terms and conditions.
What are the guidelines for Allegiant Air Seat selection?
Allegiant Airlines seating chart rules and regulations clearly state that passengers can choose any seat they like. Take a look at the guidelines for seat maps and selection policy.
- Favorable seats – Seating chart Allegiant Airlines includes comfortable leather seats for a fee.
- Ways to select seats – You can select the seats at the time of booking reservation or later via the website or mobile application.
- Seat Recline – Allegiant airline seats do not recline to save up costs and weight adjustments for the flight.
- Customization – The seats are customizable based on the comfortable location choice of the traveler.
- Allegiant Seat Selection Fee – The seat selection fee ranges between 0 USD and 80 USD based on the location of the aircraft and seat availability.
- Sitting with companions – Seat selection allows passengers to ensure that they sit with their companions, if applicable.
- It is recommended to reserve seats in advance to sit with family members as the airline may not guarantee the availability of required seats.
- Exit Row seats – It permits travelers to request seats in the exit row as well with extra space.
- FAA safety guidelines do not permit families with children below the age of 15 years to sit on exit rows.
- Travelers with special service requests and assistance cannot sit in exit row seats.
- Seat assignment deadline – Keep note that Allegiant Air does not allow passengers to change their seat assignments once the boarding pass is printed or at the airport.
- Options to customize Allegiant Air tickets – There are two options to get seats on the flights –
- Free – You can get seats for free if the airline randomly assigns them.
- Purchase options – You can purchase your preferred seats and choose the place and person to sit with for a nominal fee.
- Seat Specs – Allegiant airline focuses on affordable traveling and includes only 1 cabin class – Economy.
- Purchasing Additional Seating – Fliers who wish to carry musical instruments, child restraint devices for the infant, etc. must buy an extra seat.
- Availability of first-class seating – Allegiant Air features all coach configurations.
- It only offers extraAllegiant air legroom plus seats on selected flights.
What to do if you did not buy Allegiant pre-purchase seat assignment at the time of booking?
If you fail to pre-purchase seat assignment at the time of booking reservation, here are the options you may have –
- The airline system automatically assigns seats to the travelers once they complete online/ offline Allegiant check in.
- Those who opt for online check in have an option to view their assigned seats on the portal and modify it.
- For existing reservations, you can purchase or upgrade seats in the “Manage Travel” section.
How to Purchase Bundle Program for the seating chart for Allegiant Airlines?
Allegiant Bundle can be purchased only at the time of booking. It is a package including popular facilities to simplify the booking process. Add to that –
- Travelers can buy the bundle specifically designed by combining the various services best suited for the traveler.
- It can be used to purchase or upgrade to a desirable seating arrangement on the flight.
- Travelers can check the seats that apply to the bundle by referring to the Allegiant Air Seat map.
- Pay the applicable seat bundle difference at the time of checkout to avail of the desirable seats.
What are the Allegiant guidelines for Passengers with Portable Oxygen Concentrators?
Passengers requiring portable oxygen concentrators must note that it is subject to availability and may depend on the following instances –
- Allowed – Those traveling with POC or medical devices that can be used on the flight and plan to sit at the window seat.
- You can also sit in the middle or aisle seat if they are unoccupied.
- Not Allowed – Those traveling with medical devices not intended for flight use.
- You can keep the device and enjoy no seating limitations.
- Fliers seating in the exit row must meet the exit row criteria and prerequisites.
How to get seats with extra spaces via the Allegiant flight seat map?
Allegiant airline provides more leg space room and space in the exit row seats. However, seats with extra leg space in the exit row are not applicable for all passengers.
The airline specifies the following prerequisites to allow travelers to sit in an exit row –
- At least 15 years of age or older
- Understands, speaks, reads, and gives instructions in the English language
- No need for seat belt extension due to entanglement concerns
- Can see enough to conduct the listed duties without visual accessories or aids. (Contact lenses and glasses are permitted)
- Not traveling with domestic and service animals
- He/She is not directly in charge of the other fliers on board
- Is not traveling with assistive devices or requires help with a cane, wheelchair, crutches, etc
- Is willing and can assist the crew members during emergencies
- The traveler is physically capable to open the exit door, to be able to lift and push away the window exit (50 lb)
- He/she must be able to activate the evacuation slide and assist others, if possible.
- No presence of condition or injury that may hamper one or more of the listed duties
What is the Allegiant Seat map or configuration for flights?
The majority of the flights in Allegiant Air have a configuration with 90% standard seats and 10% with extra legroom seats. Add to that –
- In the Boeing 757 airline, you will find 70% standard seating options and 30% seats with extra legroom space.
- General Allegiant Air seat size and Dimensions – Here are the general seat dimensions you can find on Allegiant flights –
- Standard Seats: 30″ pitch, 17″ width; For Boeing 757 – 17.5″
- Giant Seats: 34″ pitch, 25″ width
- Allegiant Extra Seats Legroom: 34″ pitch, 17″ width; For Boeing 757 – 17.5″
- Overview – Here is a rundown of the general Allegiant seat map/ configuration –
|Type of Flights||Total Number of Seats||Economy Seats||Extra Legroom Seats||Giant Seats|
|Airbus A320 seating chart allegiant||177||159||18||Nil|
|McDonnell Douglas MD-80||166||151||15||Nil|
|Airbus A319 allegiant seating chart||156||138||18||Nil|
How to request Allegiant airlines plane seating chart reservation?
One of the best ways to request the desirable seat assignment is to purchase them at the time of booking. However, those who cannot the seats during booking can apply online via the website or mobile app.
Following are the ways to connect with Allegiant Air for desired seat assignment –
How to connect with Allegiant Air for seat assignment online during booking?
You can request seat selection during the online booking using the steps shared below –
- Apply for online booking by heading to the official website.
- On the main web page, you will see the “Book a flight” tab.
- Opt for a Round Trip or One-way trip.
- Enter the departure airport, destination airport, departure, and return date, and the number of travelers.
- Click search. You will be directed to a new page and choose the favorable flights.
- Once you find the desired flight, you will be redirected to the page with the Allegiant seating map.
- Check the availability of seats. You will find economy seats, choose the ideal row and seat number, or from the ones available to you.
- After selecting the desired seats, pay the applicable Allegiant seat selection fee.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to fulfill other directions and instructions for online flight booking.
- The airline will confirm the flight booking with the preferred seating options.
How to connect with Allegiant Air for seat assignment over the website after booking?
Head to the official website after booking a reservation to change the seat alignment by following the given steps –
- Head to the official website homepage at Allegiant Air website.
- Click on “Manage Trip”. You can select seats by using one of the three methods to retrieve the booking details.
- By Confirmation – Enter the passenger’s first and last name and the Booking confirmation code of the itinerary. Click on “Find my trip”By Email – Enter the email address and the password to access the travel details and click “Find my trip”.
- By Credit/ Debit Card – Enter the first and last name of the passenger, departure date, and the last four digits of the card used for payment.
- Once you retrieve the booking information, you can opt for “Edit Bookings” and choose the preferred seats for the flight.
- You can choose the desirable seats or the ones available from the seat map.
- Confirm the seat selection and pay the applicable Allegiant Air seat selection fee.
NOTE – You can also request seat selection during online check in up to 24 hours before the flight departure.
How to contact Allegiant Air for seat selection via the mobile app?
You can connect with the airline via the mobile app by following the given steps for seat selection –
- Head to the mobile app on your Android and iOS devices.
- Enter the flight details, confirmation code, and the passenger’s name to access flight details.
- Once you access the flight information, you can opt to Edit the booking details and select Seat selection.
- Take a look at the available seat assignment. Choose the preferred seats on the flight.
- Once you are satisfied with the chosen option, confirm the seat selection and submit the request.
- The airline will process the seat selection request and assign the designated seats.
How to contact the airline over the phone for seat selection on Allegiant Air?
You can connect with the airline executives over the phone for a variety of issues like Allegiant flight cancellation, and seat assignment/ map. Here are the steps to request seat selection over the phone –
- Head to the official website – Allegiant Air home page.
- On the main menu, you will find the Customer Service Option.
- Allegiant Air phone number is (702) 505-8888 to select the desired seats on the flights.
How to request seat selection via Email?
- You can also scroll down the home page and head to the section “Company” and then click on “Contact Us”.
- You will be redirected to a new page and find various contact options.
- Select the “Email Us” button and you will be taken to a new page to enter the necessary details.
- Enter the nature of the request – Bags, Seats, Priority access, cabin pet under Allegiant pet policy, enter the relation with the passenger, first and last name, telephone number, and email.
- You may have to enter the confirmation number, verify whether the claim includes rescheduled or canceled flight, and describe the request in-depth before clicking on “Submit Form”.
Can I request seat selection via postal service?
- You can also write to the airline at Allegiant Travel Company ATTN: Customer Relations, PO Box 371730, Las Vegas, NV 89137.
- The fliers must mention the nature of the request in the subject like any seat-related query they may have.
- Mention the flight information like the flight number, passenger’s full name, departure and arrival city, telephone number, email address, and more.
- You must mention the specifics of the letter briefly and encapsulate the entire premise.
- Once you post the letter at the post office, you may receive a response from the airline within 24 hours or up to 7 days of the post.
- The airline will process the request mentioned by the traveler and send confirmation via email or over the phone.
How to connect with Allegiant Air via social media?
Social media allows travelers to contact the airline directly for tips, and tutorials, and to resolve queries regarding Allegiant flight cancellation, seat selection processes, fees, and more.
Some of the popular Allegiant Air social media handles are given below –
|Social Media Platforms||Social Media Profile Links/ URLs|
Allegiant seat selection gives an upper hand to the travelers to decide and take control of their seat preference, get to sit with their family members or companions, or get adequate assistance as required.
Frequently Asked Questions
The airline may charge up to 80 USD for seat selection based on the flight location and the traveler’s preference.
Yes, the airline may change the seat to assist families sitting together, and passengers with special assistance get necessary changes, ensure caregivers sit next to patients, etc.
You can choose preferable seats during booking or after booking on the website or mobile app using Manage Travel or the app menu.
Yes, Allegiant Bonus allows travelers to buy desired seats by paying the difference fee at the time of booking the reservation.
No, not all Allegiant airline seats are free. If you want preferable seats, you may have to pay a nominal fee.
Head to the official website or app, choose Manage Travel or app menu, enter flight details and confirmation code to access the itinerary, and follow on-screen prompts.
You can contact the airline over the phone, over the website, and mobile app.
Yes, head to the official app, opt for edit booking, enter flight details, confirmation code, etc., and follow the on screen prompts to get the desired seat assignment.
No, Allegiant Airlines does not permit travelers to purchase or upgrade seat assignments at the airport.
No, you cannot purchase or upgrade seat alignment once the boarding pass is issued after completing security and check in requirements.
If the traveler fails to buy seats, the designated airline system generates the seats automatically for the traveler.
No, seat selection is subject to availability. Thus, it is recommended to get in touch with the airline in advance for desirable seats.
If “Not assigned” is displayed on the ticket, a seat is assigned post check in by the system at no extra costs.