Flight cancellations may be both expensive and perplexing. A concise explanation of Cathay Pacific’s cancellation policy may be found on this page. If you read it carefully, you will understand how cancellation works and how to avoid wasting time and money if you ever need to reschedule or cancel a ticket.
What guidelines should be followed in order to cancel a Cathay Pacific flight reservation?
In specific circumstances, travelers may choose to use the Cathay Pacific flight ticket cancellation service. The cancellation policy’s main goal is to make it simple for passengers to cancel their reservations by adhering to its requirements.
One such requirement is that travelers are not eligible for a refund once their airline tickets have expired or been used. Add to that –
- If passengers cancel their airline tickets more than a day after making their reservation, they will be liable for the Cathay Pacific ticket cancellation costs.
- Refund is available for airline tickets that have not been used for at least two years after the original booking.
- A cancellation fee will be charged when you request a refund for partially used tickets.
- Passengers to this airline are eligible to get a refund for reservations that have to be postponed or canceled due to unanticipated events.
- You can request a future flight service from the carrier if you decide against asking for a refund. It is possible to save money as credit. In addition, the flyer can make use of it as necessary.
- Some fares are non-refundable. You will not be entitled to a refund if your flight is canceled as a result of this clause.
- The fare type, ticket cost, location, and other criteria can all affect how much money will be returned for a canceled trip.
- No cancellation is permitted after completing the check-in. To know more, refer to the Cathay Pacific check-in page.
Does Cathay Pacific provide a 24-hour cancellation policy?
Flight reservations can be canceled within 24 hours of purchase and will result in a full refund as long as certain requirements are met, according to Cathay Pacific 24 hour flight cancellation policy.
You must satisfy each prerequisite for a 24-hour cancellation and the refund associated with it –
- You must reserve your flight using the Cathay Pacific website in the United States.
- Flight must depart from or arrive in the United States.
- When you make your reservation, your departure date is at least booked 7 days in advance.
Note- In addition, Cathay Pacific’s cancellation policy specifies the following:
- You need to contact Cathay’s Global Contact Center to cancel if you’re doing so within the allotted 24-hour period.
- A cancellation fee will be assessed according to your route and pricing conditions if you cancel less than 7 days before departure or more than 24 hours after booking your ticket.
Tip – Passengers can also change the flight for free within 24 hours of purchase. To know more refer to Cathay Pacific change flight policy.
What Happens If Cathay Pacific Cancels My Flight?
When Cathay Pacific cancels a flight, passengers are entitled to get a refund in the following circumstances,
- If the airline informs of flight cancellation within 2 weeks of scheduled departure.
- Passengers missed the connection or stopover due to a flight delay.
- If there is a flight delay for 5 or more hours.
- Passengers will be rebooked on the alternate flight, subject to availability.
Please note – The Cathay Pacific Manage Booking section will show your updated flight information.
Cathay Pacific Canceled Flight Compensation – Passengers are entitled to get the compensation under the following circumstances –
- When there is a flight delay for 5 or more hours
- Passengers denied boarding due to overbooking
- When the airline canceled the flights, the passenger was notified within 2 weeks of the scheduled departure.
- In case of a major schedule change where the passenger reaches its destination 5 hours or later than the scheduled arrival.
Below mentioned, is the overview of the Cathay Pacific canceled flight compensation –
|Flights under 1,500 km||USD 268 per passenger|
|Flights over 1,500 km within EU||USD 429 per passenger|
|Flights outside the EU between 1,500, and 3,500 km||USD 429 per passenger|
|Flights outside the EU longer than 3,500 km||USD 644 per passenger|
The following are additional Cathay Pacific cancellation compensation options that the airline may offer in various circumstances:
|Timing Delayed||Compensation Provided|
|More than 4 hours||Providing meals, drinks, faxes, telexes, two phone calls, and email messages from the carrier.|
|At least 1 day till the scheduled departure.||Hotel accommodation is available. Airport transfer is available.|
|More than 5 hours||The airline will pay your full refund as well as compensation in this case.|
Flight Delays – The following will be provided without charge to you if your flight is delayed by at least 4 hours:
- meals and drinks appropriate for the length of the delay
- 2 calls, emails, and telex/fax transmissions
The following will be provided without cost to you if your flight is postponed until the following day:
- accommodation in hotels (incl. overnight if required)
- Transfers from the airport to the hotel are available.
You have the option to cancel your flight and get a full refund of the amount you paid for your ticket if your flight is delayed by at least five hours:
- For the portions of the trip you won’t take, and
- If required, for the travel home
What is Cathay Pacific Flight Cancellation Refund Policy?
The majority of tickets are non-refundable per Cathay Pacific’s cancellation policy. But if one of the following circumstances applies, you can miss your flight and receive a full refund on the unused portion of your ticket:
- Your trip has been canceled.
- A flight is canceled within 24 hours after the reservation
- You miss your connection because the previous flight was delayed.
- You have a ticket for the First Flex fare.
- Any exceptional circumstances, such as the death of the passenger or a close family member, a major sickness, etc., that restricts you from traveling.
Regardless of the reason you cancel, you may be subject to a fee in all other circumstances.
Note- Additionally, the Cathay Pacific flight cancellation rules also specify the following:
- To avoid being charged a no-show fee, you must cancel your ticket before the scheduled departure date.
- For credit card and PayPal purchases, refunds for canceled flights typically take 7 business days, while cash and bank payments take 20 days.
- Tickets that have been used only partially will be returned by any relevant regulations to the credit card or bank account used to make the initial payment.
How to cancel a flight with Cathay Pacific?
Passengers can cancel the Cathay Pacific flight online, through Customer Service as well as over the phone
Cathay Pacific cancels booking online
Follow these steps to cancel online reservation.
The screenshot above is taken from Cathay Pacific Airlines official website.
Step 1: Visit the Cathay pacific Airline homepage on the website.
Step 2: Select the ‘Manage Booking’ Tab.
Step 3: Enter passenger details “last name”, “first name”, “e-ticket number” or “booking reference “
Step 4: Select the ‘find my booking’ option to view your reservation
Step 5: Then click the ‘cancel’ tab
Step 6: Finally, you will receive a confirmation email or message to informing you that your aircraft ticket has been canceled.
Cathay pacific cancel booking by phone
You can contact the local Cathay pacific office in your area or country at 1 (833) 933-2244. Ask the Cathay representative to cancel the booking.
What is the Cathay Pacific Cancellation Fee Policy?
However, when there are flight cancellations, airlines like Cathay Pacific concentrate on keeping travel expenses low. You’ll eventually be able to revoke your license for less money. These Cathay Pacific Ticket Cancellation Fees are based on a few very significant factors. It could also depend on the kind of reservation and the reversal time. So, unexpectedly, it is sometimes possible to cancel for free.
The following are examples of Cathay Pacific charging its customers for cancellations under various circumstances:
- You will be responsible for Cathay pacific cancellation fee once the 24-hour risk-free cancellation period has ended.
- For partially used or unused Cathay Pacific tickets, there may be a 150 USD cancellation fee.
- A fee of roughly 200 USD may be assessed for expired tickets.
- Additionally, there are consequences for passengers who miss a flight due to failure to notify the airline of a cancellation. You will be assessed a no-show fee in that case.
- You could be charged a service fee when making a reservation through a travel agency. The Cathay Pacific cancellation costs may vary based on the rules or policies of the travel agent.
In summation of the above, Cathay Pacific has convenient policies in effect since it is a passenger-centric airline. Given that its policies enable cancellations too, this airline proves to be even more flexible and understanding toward its passengers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The airline’s cancellation might be due to bird strikes, severe weather, COVID-19 limitations, etc. You can get in touch with the airline in these situations to find out the precise status of your flight.
If your flight is canceled, Cathay Pacific Airlines will automatically rebook you in the same cabin as your original reservation. Passengers can also claim a refund for the unused flight segments only.
Yes, you can cancel your ticket online provided that the request must be completed up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
Yes, If you do so before the planned departure time of your Cathay Pacific flight, you may cancel your reservation. But if your flight isn’t eligible for a full refund, cancellation fees can still be charged.
Yes. It also depends on the fare any passenger has booked. In case of restricted fares, passengers are not allowed to request cancellation.
For partially used or unused tickets, Cathay Pacific normally charges a price of USD 150, and for expired tickets, it charges a fee of USD 200.
The quickest method to make adjustments to a reservation made via Cathay Pacific is to log into Manage Booking. This may be done on our website, mobile app, or by contacting Customer Care. select the “Rebook and refund” Tab to change flight plans.
Visit the ‘airline website’ select the ‘change booking’ option then enter the reservation’s last name and a ticket number. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
Yes, if Cathay Pacific Airlines canceled the flight you are entitled to a refund for the unused flight.
Yes. The airline offers flights to and from Hong Kong provided that the flight cancellation must be made up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure.
When making reservations with Cathay Pacific, passengers have 24 hours to cancel and claim a refund.
Cathay Pacific provides Noise-canceling headphones to all Premium Economy and Business Class passengers for the ultimate sound comfort.