As part of our commitment to your comfort, we provide a variety of seating options to suit your needs and preferences. Whether you prefer a window or aisle seat, extra legroom, or a premium class experience, we have a range of options available to ensure you have a pleasant journey. In this guide, we will walk you through the Alaska Airlines seat selection process, so you can sit back, relax, and enjoy your flight.
What are the seating options available with Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Airlines offers several seating options for its passengers, including:
- First Class – This option provides passengers with extra legroom, wider seats, and a higher level of service. First class passengers also receive priority boarding, complimentary drinks, and snacks.
- Premium Class -Alaska airlines premium seating option is available on select flights and offers passengers extra legroom, priority boarding, and complimentary drinks and snacks.
- Main Cabin – This is Alaska Airlines’ standard seating option and includes standard seats with a pitch of 31-32 inches. Passengers can purchase snacks and beverages during the flight.
- Premium Class Saver – This is a discounted version of Premium Class, offering many of the same benefits, including extra legroom, priority boarding, and complimentary drinks and snacks.
- Main Cabin Saver – This is a discounted version under Alaska airlines Economy seats program that offers fewer perks but still includes a standard seat.
- Preferred Plus – This option offers passengers early boarding, extra legroom, and a complimentary alcoholic beverage.
- Premium Class Bulkhead – This option is available on select flights and provides passengers with extra legroom and the convenience of being seated at the front of the aircraft.
Please Note: The Alaska airlines seating chart may vary based on the aircraft type, route, and other factors.
What is the seating configuration of all the aircrafts operated by Alaska Airlines?
Sure, here’s a brief overview of the Alaska airlines seat map or seating configuration of the aircraft operated by Alaska Airlines:
- Airbus 321neo – The seating configuration for Alaska Airlines’ Airbus A321neo is as follows:
- First Class: 12 seats
- Premium Class: 24 seats
- Main Cabin Extra: 52 seats
- Main Cabin: 116 seats
This brings the total number of seats to 204. The first class seats are arranged in a 2-2 configuration, while premium class, main cabin extra, and main cabin seats are arranged in a 3-3 configuration.
- Boeing 737 – 9 MAX – The seating configuration for Alaska Airlines’ Boeing 737-9 MAX is as follows:
- First Class: 16 seats
- Premium Class: 24 seats
- Main Cabin: 138 seats
The total seating capacity is 178. The first class seating is arranged in a 2-2 configuration, while the premium and the main cabin are arranged in a 3-3 configuration.
- Boeing 737-700 (737) – Alaska Airlines operates two types of Boeing 737-700 aircraft. The first has 124 seats and the second has 126 seats. Both configurations have 12 first class seats and 112/114 economy class seats. Alaska airlines seat assignment map includes –
- 12 seats in First Class
- 18 seats in Premium Class
- 94 seats in Coach Class.
- Boeing 737-800 – Alaska operates three Boeing aircraft from the same 737 series. The cabin classes includes –
- 12 seats in First Class
- 30 seats in Premium Class
- 117 seats in Coach Class.
- Boeing 737-900 (739) – This series features two types of Boeing 737-900 aircraft. The first has 178 seats and the second has 181 seats. Both configurations have 16 first class seats and 162/165 economy class seats. It includes –
- 16 seats in First Class
- 24 seats in Premium Class
- 138 seats in Coach Class.
- Boeing 737-900ER – This aircraft includes a seating capacity between 178 – 181 seats. It includes –
- 16 seats in First Class
- 24 seats in Premium Class
- 138 seats in Coach Class
- Embraer E175 – Embraer aircraft are usually smaller aircraft. Alaska introduced all three cabin classes in these aircrafts. It includes –
- 12 seats in First Class
- 12 seats in Premium Class
- 52 seats in Coach Class.
Please Note: Alaska airlines seat map may vary slightly depending on the specific aircraft and route, so it’s always best to double-check with the airline before booking your flight.
What are the terms and conditions for emergency exit row seating?
Alaska Airlines has specific terms and conditions for passengers who wish to sit in the emergency exit row seats. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Must be at least 15 years of age and able to understand and communicate in English in order to sit in an emergency exit row seat.
- Physically able to assist in an emergency evacuation by being able to lift and open the emergency exit door, and by following instructions given by the flight crew.
- Passengers who have a disability that may prevent them from assisting in an emergency evacuation cannot sit in an emergency exit row seat.
- Must not have any carry-on items or personal items on the floor or blocking the emergency exit.
- Agree to the terms and conditions by confirming that they are willing and able to perform the duties required in an emergency evacuation when asked by the flight crew.
- Passengers who do not meet the requirements or fail to comply with the terms and conditions may be moved to another seat.
Please Note: Alaska Airlines reserves the right to move any passenger from an emergency exit row seat for safety reasons.
How do I request seat selection with Alaska Airlines during booking?
If you book your ticket directly with Alaska Airlines online or over the phone, you can choose your seat during the booking process.
Here are the steps to request Alaska Airlines seat selection during booking:
- Go to the Alaska Airlines website at www.alaskaair.com and click on “Book” in the menu bar.
- Enter your “departure and arrival airports”, “travel dates”, “number of passengers“, and any “promo code or discount code” you may have. Then click on “Find Flights.”
- Choose your flight and fare type, and review the fare rules and baggage allowances.
- On the “Select Your Seats” page, you will see a seat map of the aircraft for your flight. Click on any available seat to select it. If you have a preference for window or aisle seats, you can filter the seat map to show only those types of seats.
- Once you’ve selected your seat(s), click on “Continue” to proceed to the next step of the booking process.
- Review your booking details and add any additional services, such as baggage or in-flight meals, if desired.
- Enter your passenger details, including your name, contact information, and any frequent flyer number you may have.
- Review your booking one last time to make sure all the details are correct. Then click on “Purchase” to complete your booking.
If you have any issues or questions during the booking process, you can contact Alaska Airlines’ customer service center at 1-800-252-7522 for assistance.
How do I request seat selection with Alaska Airlines after booking?
If you’ve already booked your ticket, you can log in to your Alaska Airlines account online and select your seat for free. You can also do this through the Alaska Airlines manage booking section.
Here are the steps to request seat selection with Alaska Airlines after booking:
- Visit the airline’s website and click on “Manage trip” in the menu bar.
- Enter your “last name” and “confirmation code” or “e-ticket number”, and click on “Continue.”
- You will see your booking details, including your flight itinerary and seat selection, if any.
- If you haven’t selected a seat yet, click on the flight segment.
- Choose “Select Seats” to choose your preferred seat(s) on the seat map.
- Once you’ve selected your seat(s), click on “Save Changes” to confirm your selection.
- If you have any special requests, such as a wheelchair or a bassinet, you can click on “Request Special Services” and fill out the necessary information.
- Confirm your selection and click “Save Changes”.
Alternatively, you can select your seat(s) during online check-in within 24 hours of your flight departure.
How do I request seat selection with Alaska Airlines during online check-in?
If you check in online within 24 hours of your flight departure, you can select your seat for free during the check-in process.
Here are the steps to request seat selection with Alaska Airlines during online check-in:
- Go to the Alaska Airlines website at www.alaskaair.com and click on “Check-In” in the menu bar.
- Enter the “Departure city” in the required field. Select one of the options to retrieve your booking – “Confirmation code”, “E-ticket number”, and “Mileage Plan number”.
- Hit the Check-in button.
- Select the flight segments to select the seats.
- Here you can access a seat map of the aircraft for your flight.
- Click on any available seat to select it. If you have a preference for window or aisle seats, you can filter the seat map to show only those types of seats.
- Once you’ve selected your seat(s), click on “Continue” to proceed to the next step of the check-in process.
- Review your check-in details and add any additional services, such as baggage or in-flight meals, if desired.
- Then click on “Check-In” to complete your online check-in and confirm your seat selection.
Note: Alaska airlines online check-in is available within 24 hours of your flight departure.
How do I request seat selection with Alaska Airlines at the airport?
If you prefer to select your seat in person, you can do so at the airport ticket counter or at a self-service kiosk.
Here are the steps to request Alaska airlines seat selection at the airport:
- Arrive at the airport early, at least 2 hours before your flight departure time.
- Proceed to the Alaska Airlines ticket counter and speak with a customer service representative.
- Inform the representative that you would like to request a specific seat or seat type, such as a window or aisle seat, or an exit row seat.
- The representative will check the seat availability and assign you a seat based on your request.
- If your preferred seat is not available, the representative may offer you an alternative seat.
- If you have any special requests, such as a wheelchair or a bassinet, let the airline’s representative know.
- Once you have your seat assignment, proceed to the security checkpoint and your gate for your flight.
Note – If you have checked in online but have not selected a seat, you can request a seat assignment at the airport ticket counter or self-service kiosk.
How much is the fee to select the seats with Alaska Airlines?
The Alaska Airlines seat selection fee varies depending on the type of seat and the route of the flight.
For instance, The fee for a preferred seat ranges from 15 to 100 USD, depending on the route and length of the flight.
It is always best to contact the Alaska Airlines customer service for up-to-date information.
In Conclusion, selecting seats with Alaska Airlines can be a simple and easy process whether you are booking online, checking in at the airport, or during online check-in. Alaska Airlines offers a variety of seat options, including standard, preferred, and premium seats, with fees that vary depending on the type of seat and the route of the flight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. If you don’t select a seat during the booking process, you can choose one later by logging into your Alaska Airlines account or by using the mobile app.
Alaska Airlines seat selection cost varies depending on several factors, including the type of seat you choose, the length of your flight, and your fare class.
If you don’t select a seat on Alaska Airlines during the booking process, one will be automatically assigned to you when you check in for your flight.
When you book your flight on the Alaska Airlines website or mobile app, you will be given the option to select your seat. You can choose from available seats on the seat map.
If you book your flight early enough, you may have a better selection of available seats to choose from, including free standard seats.
Yes. When you book a flight with Alaska Airlines, you will have the option to select your seat during the booking process.
Premium seats may include features such as extra legroom, wider seats, and adjustable headrests.
Premium seats on Alaska Airlines are typically located in the front of the plane or in exit rows, and may include features such as extra legroom, wider seats, and adjustable headrests.
No, Premium Class and First Class are not the same on Alaska Airlines.
First Class seats on Alaska Airlines offer more space and comfort than Economy Class seats, with extra legroom, wider seats, and more personal space.
First Class seats offer more space and comfort than Main Class seats, with wider seats, more legroom, and additional recline.
You can purchase Premium Class on Alaska Airlines by selecting it as an option during the booking process. Alternatively, you can contact Alaska Airlines’ customer service.
Yes. When booking your flight, you can select Premium Class as an upgrade option and choose your preferred Premium Class seats if they are available.