With multiple available check in options, it is often daunting to choose the right one. Frontier airline check in enforces easy to comprehend check-in regulations and fosters a convenient check in process with options like Frontier airlines online check in.
Take a look at the Frontier Airline check in guide discussed below.
What are the Rules of Frontier Airlines Check-In Policy?
It is vital to maintain strict check-in rules to avoid irregularities and flight disruptions. This policy focuses on timely marking the arrival and appropriate assistance while boarding.
Listed below are the key features:
- Frontier web check in is charged 5 USD whereas the mobile-based method is free.
- Passengers must ensure that their correct name is displayed on the reservation with the six-character confirmation or booking code.
- All bags must be tagged properly and comply with the Frontier airline baggage size and weight requirements.
- Passengers can be denied boarding if they fail to comply with the regulations and guidelines.
- It is mandatory to complete check in to board the aircraft.
- Keep note that Frontier flight changes are not applicable post check in completion.
What are the Check in timings for Frontier Airlines?
Frontier airline provides an airport timeline with frontier airlines check in time for the various types of check in to assist the passengers complete check in accordingly stress free.
Check in Timings for Flights
Passengers must carry the boarding pass and have luggage checked within the cut off timings suggested by the airline. Add to that –
- It is recommended to reach the airport at least 2 hours before the final flight departure.
- Domestic flights check in time Frontier airlines – 60 minutes before flight departure.
- Frontier International check in time – 60 minutes before flight departure.
- Frontier check-in time for Online and Web Check in – 60 minutes before flight departure.
What is the Airport Timeline for Frontier Check in?
Follow the airline timeline discussed below to have a better grasp on the deadline followed at the airport –
- Arrival time at the airport – Mandatory to reach airport 2 hours before flight.
- Time to check in with a Boarding pass – At least 60 minutes before the flight departure.
- Time to reach Departure Gate area – At least 30 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.
- Time at which the departure gate closes before flight – Up to 15 minutes before the final flight departure.
What are the Documents required for International Travels with Frontier Airlines?
Passengers must be well-versed with the document’s requirements for verification, especially when traveling overseas. US citizens must refer to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and U.S. National Passport Information Center, whereas other nation citizens must refer to the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for details.
Follow the list given below to take into account the necessary and general documents required to fly with Frontier.
- Updated and Active Passport for traveling to/ from the United States
- United States passport card
- Driver’s license or Photo ID (Authorized by Department of Motor Vehicles)
- Passport cards are valid for domestic flights only
- Government Issued ID Proof like Voter registration card, Birth certificate, social security card
- Alternative documents like Corporate ID, School ID, or Membership ID
- U.S. Department of Defense ID Proofs
- Border crossing card
Note – For passengers traveling with minors, minors flying alone, or minors flying with legal guardians or adoptive parents, refer to the official website for documents verification.
How Do You Check in for a Frontier Airlines Flight?
Passengers must refer to the various check in methods offered by the airline. Refer to the details discussed below to refer to the offline and online methods. It allows information on accessibility, deadline, process, and ease accessibility and their rights.
What to request for Frontier airline online check in?
The frontier airlines online check in facility is preferred by passengers to save time and avoid long airport lines via Frontier Manage Booking. Follow the steps as follows –
- Head to the official website.
- On the home page you will find the option “My Trip/ Check in” for check in online frontier.
- Click on it and enter the Last Name and Confirmation Code to retrieve your booking.
- Once you have retrieved your reservation, choose the desired flight and enter personal details, travel documents, etc.
- Choose the meals, additional services, add bags and desired sitting on the aircraft.
- Once you complete the check in princess, the airline will process the request.
- You will get access to the boarding pass on the registered Frontier Airlines check-in phone number or email address.
How to request a Mobile check in with Frontier airline?
Frontier mobile application for check in and other concerns like Frontier unaccompanied minor policy is excellent for passengers to complete check in at the comfort of their homes via Frontier airlines check in app. Follow the steps as follows –
- Login to the account or sign up to initiate web check in Frontier airlines.
- In the menu section, you will find “Check in”. Enter the details like the Last name and the Confirmation code.
- You will be directed to the “My Booking” section to complete Frontier airlines web check in.
- Choose the flights, enter the personal details like name, residence, etc. with the travel and official documents.
- Choose meals, items in the bags, and Frontier seat selection preference for the aircraft.
- Complete check in. After the process is complete, the Frontier check in boarding pass is issued and sent to the registered email address or Frontier check in phone number.
Please Note – You can head to the boarding departure gate area and skip the airport line.
How to request check in via Airport Kiosk?
The kiosk is a fantastic substitute for online and mobile processes. Frontier Airlines check in at airport is conducted by the automated kiosks. Here are the steps to request frontier kiosk check in-
- Enter the passenger travel information.
- You can also use the official Government ID, credit card, or passport to gain access.
- Verify the flight details and other specifics of the itinerary.
- Follow the on screen instructions and choose the sitting preferred on the aircraft, meal types, additional services like assistance on the flight, etc.
- After completing check in requirements, request Frontier Airlines check in print boarding pass.
How to complete Airport Counter check in?
Frontier Airlines airport check in is another reliable check in choice for passengers. It is great for passengers with additional or special requests like Frontier airline pet policy. Here are the steps to be followed –
- Head to the airport ticket counter and request check in from the airline representative.
- You can also purchase “Airport Agent Assistance” at the time of booking or at the airport counter for additional support.
- Choose flights, provide confirmation code, and name of the passenger.
- Verify the details and request other facilities, if required.
- Once you complete check in, the boarding pass is issued and the passengers are ready to go to the departure gate area.
How to complete Priority Check in?
Priority check in is a special facility for passengers who have purchased the bundles, are part of Frontier Miles Elite level membership, and have a carry-on bag. Add to that –
- Head to the airport counter and head to the priority lanes.
- Choose and verify the flight details.
- Provide names, residence details, government issued ID like Passport, and travel documents.
- Once the details are verified, head to the priority lanes directly with the boarding pass.
- You can head to the departure gate and board the airline hassle-free.
Is Frontier Airlines available on social media Portals for Queries?
Frontier airlines is well connected on social media portals to attend to travelers grievances regarding issues like check in, Frontier airline flight cancellation, boarding process, etc. You may get a response within 48 hours after posting the request.
Here are the social media portals for Frontier airline check in and other queries –
|Social Media Platforms||Social Media Profile URLSs/ Profile Links|
What is the Boarding Process for Frontier Airlines Flights?
It is recommended to reach the airport departure gate area with the Frontier check in online boarding pass within the stipulated timeline stated by the airline. Add to that –
- The Frontier boarding process approximately starts 30 to 35 minutes ahead of the departure time.
- Hence, it is best to be at the departure gate 30 minutes before the flight takes off.
- If the traveler is not at the boarding gate by this point, the booking will be canceled.
- The passenger would not be allowed to board even if he/she had checked in and had the boarding pass.
The below table shows the priority of boarding to be followed by various passengers in ascending order with Frontier online check in boarding pass or printed passes –
|Boarding Category||Passenger Type|
|Passengers with Special Needs||Differently, abled passengers Travelers with assistance agent Includes unaccompanied minors|
|Zone 1||Frontier miles Elite members Passengers who purchase carry-on Perks and Works ticked travelers|
|Courtesy Boarding||Families with young kids (under 3 years old) Other travelers who need assistance boarding|
|Zones 2, 3, and 4||Called in order|
Frontier airline check in policy is diverse and flexible to meet the requirements of every traveler. While online and mobile web check in cater to a vast population of remote travelers, facilities such as airport check in and kiosk check in offer exclusive care and assistance. Contact the airline for support or get access to the exclusive bundles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passengers can check in 24 hours before the stipulated flight departure time for domestic and international flights as frontier airlines early check-in.
Airport check in starts at 2 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. Thus, make sure to reach the airport timely.
choose “Check in” from the main page of the app. Enter personal details, travel documents, and pick meals, bags, sitting arrangements, etc. to get the boarding pass.
Choose “My Trips/ Check in” on the website. Enter the confirmation number and last name of the passenger. Once you complete the instructions, a boarding pass is issued.
Frontier check in timings are between 24 hours up to 60 minutes before the flight departure time.
You can print the boarding pass after you complete the online or Frontier Airlines mobile check in, or obtain the boarding pass at the kiosk counter.
Yes, you must print the boarding pass once you complete check in so as to get access to the boarding gate area and get on the aircraft.
Yes, the majority of the airports support mobile frontier airlines check in boarding pass and passengers can head to the boarding area directly to proceed with boarding the aircraft.
Yes, you can opt for the online facility for domestic and frontier airlines international check in via the Frontier mobile app.
The airline does not specify charges to print boarding passes. However, passengers can contact the airline for more details on printing boarding passes at the airport.
The check in deadline for Frontier flights is 60 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.
Passengers can check in between 24 hours and 2 hours before the flight departure and complete security screening and other requirements as required.
Once you complete a web check on the Frontier app, access to the boarding pass is acquired. Passengers can choose the boarding passes of their respective passengers.
It is recommended to check in early to avail of additional services and facilities like pet service, unaccompanied minor facility, special meals, or assistance on the aircraft.
It is not mandatory to request frontier early check-in. However, the majority of the check-in deadlines lie between 24 hours and 60 minutes before the flight takes off.
For mobile check in, printing boarding passes is not mandatory and passengers can head to the gate area straight away. Otherwise, print boarding passes for Frontier airport check in and web check in.
Yes, Frontier kiosk counters permit passengers to check in and download boarding passes at the airport by entering details like confirmation number, passenger name, etc.
Yes, frontier mobile app check in options allow digital boarding passes on the airports and allow travelers to head to the gate area right post-screening.
Yes, Frontier airlines allow passengers to carry mobile boarding passes to complete check in without a physical frontier airlines check-in boarding pass.
You can check in at the kiosk counters and the ticket counters with access to assistance from airport representatives and obtain boarding passes.