Various guidelines are a part of the Spirit Airlines check in policy. To initiate the Spirit airlines check in process, knowing these rules is suggested. Using these, domestic and international travelers can check in with ease. Moreover, through this policy, the limitations associated with the procedure can be found.
What are Spirit Check in Rules?
The following rules/conditions have to be ensured while a flier executes the check-in procedure:
- Ensure that the check-in is completed on time and before take-off.
- For third-party bookings, confirm the rules from the source of purchase.
- Fliers must get their check-in spirit airlines boarding pass after completing the Spirit flight check in process.
- For all kinds of trips, whether domestic or international, the process is mandatory.
- The boarding pass must be valid. Only the passenger whose name is on the pass must be eligible to travel.
- Present the boarding pass, travel documents, and other government-issued documents at the departure airport to issue check in. Online check in is the quickest way to complete check in. The spirit airlines 24 hour check in is available for online check in before the flight departure and closes 60 minutes before departure.
- If the travelers do not comply with the airline check in guidelines and boarding deadlines, the airline may cancel the flight or refuse boarding at the airport.
- Passengers on international journeys/ itineraries may present passport information to check in their belongings, print boarding passes, and request seating arrangements on the aircraft.
- If the passengers face issues with online check in, connect with the airline Guest Service agents for guidance.
- Shortcut boarding facility is available at selected airport stations and the fliers must confirm with the respective airports.
What are the circumstances under which Spirit Airlines may cancel the Check in Process?
Here are the circumstances under which the airline reserves the right to cancel the check in process –
- In the instances of Spirit Airlines flight delay
- If the boarding pass is not received within the boarding deadline for domestic and international flights.
- If the boarding pass is not authenticated timely.
- If the flier refuses to board the flight
What are the Spirit Airlines airport terminals and Check in deadlines?
It is important to take into account the spirit airlines check in time for domestic and international flights to address various concerns and queries and to complete check in. Keep note that –
- It is recommended to reach the airport as per the following timeline for scheduled flight departure.
|Type of Flights||Estimated time to reach the airport|
|For Domestic Flights||At least 2 hours before the flight departure|
|For International Flights||At least 3 hours before the flight departure|
NOTE – You should not reach the airport four hours before the flight departure time.
- Here are the various airport stations and the check in deadlines –
|Station and Airport||Check in Deadline before flight departure|
|Albuquerque – Albuquerque International Sunport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes Spirit international check in – 60 minutes|
|Armenia, Colombia – Aeropuerto Internacional El Edén||International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Atlanta, GA – Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Int’l Airport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Atlantic City, NJ – Atlantic City International Airport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Baltimore, MD – Baltimore–Washington International Airport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Bogotá, Colombia – Aeropuerto Internacional El Nuevo Dorado||International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Cleveland – Cleveland Hopkins International Airport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Denver – Denver International Airport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Guatemala – La Aurora International Airport||International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Kansas City – Kansas City International Airport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Minneapolis, MN – Saint Paul International Airport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Pittsburg – Pittsburgh International Airport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Panama City, FL – Tocumen International Airport||International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Sacramento – Sacramento International Airport||Domestic check in deadline – 45 minutes International check in deadline – 60 minutes|
|Tegucigalpa, Honduras||Domestic check in deadline – 60 minutes spirit airlines international check in – 60 minutes|
NOTE – Head to the official website “Airport Terminals Locations and Check in Deadlines” for other terminal locations and the spirit check in time.
How to request Spirit Airlines check in via applicable methods?
Spirit Airlines promotes its online and check in methods to provide convenient and easy ways to check in, issue requests like Spirit Airlines flight cancellation, check flight status, check the flight schedule, choose meals, etc.
Here are some of the popular Spirit Airlines check in methods –
How to request Spirit flight check in online?
Spirit Airlines web check in permits passengers to initiate a wide variety of services related to uploading documents, check in for individual, and group booking, and more. Here are the steps to complete Spirit check in –
- Head to the official Spirit Airlines website homepage.
- On the main menu, you will find the option for “Check In”.
- On the new window, you will find the link to download the spirit check in app for its facilities or issue online check in.
- Follow the online check in deadlines and fill in the details like “Passenger last name” and the “confirmation code”.
- Submit the details by clicking on “Check in”. Choose the desired flights and enter the details for the individuals in the booking.
- Upload the travel documents and the government ID proofs, if required.
- You can upgrade the fare type, cabin class, meal preferences, request changes in the flight, check in bags, etc.
- Proofread the shared details and once you are satisfied, submit the details.
- The airline will process the web check in request and issue the digital boarding pass.
- Print the spirit airlines online check-in boarding pass before heading to the airport for other vital formalities like TSA Precheck, security checkpoints, etc.
Which passengers cannot request Spirit Airlines online check in?
Following passengers may not be able to complete online check in and must head to the airport or kiosk counter to complete check in –
- Passengers traveling with service animals or pets
- Families traveling with a lap infant
- Booking reservations with group reservations with 10 or more
- Those flying within Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor policy
- Passengers who are traveling from and to specific international locations
- Those traveling on Military ID, instead of passport
- Non-US residents and citizens coming from international airports
- Fliers who are not able complete online check in can reach out to the ticket counter agents (Check in dee can be waived off in such cases)
- Passengers who have opt for special services, facilities, or extra seats on the aircraft
How to request Spirit Airlines mobile check in?
Download the Spirit Airlines check in app on Android and iOS devices for check in and other facilities like booking flights, managing trips, boarding passes, etc. Here is how you can request a mobile app check in –
- Head to the Spirit Airlines mobile app and head to the “My Trips” section.
- Choose your flight details and click on “Check in”
- The mobile app also notifies travelers of the time to check in and the hours left to check in before flight departure.
- Enter the flight confirmation code, booking reference, and passenger’s last name.
- Enter the passenger’s details in the booking, upload travel documents, choose meal preferences, opt for preferred sitting preferences, etc.
- Verify the details and submit them. You will receive the boarding pass instantly post check in on the screen.
- You can request a boarding pass on the email to print before heading to the airport.
How to receive an Email Boarding Pass?
Once you complete the Spirit online check in process, you will find the “Your Boarding Pass” section, you will have two options –
- Print your boarding pass
- Email boarding pass. (You must check the email over the mobile phone to display the barcode properly)
Follow the steps given below to get access to digital boarding pass over the email-
- Choose the “Email Boarding pass” option from the web page once you complete online/mobile check in Spirit.
- Provide a valid and desirable email address.
- On the desired mobile boarding, you will be able to view the digital boarding pass.
- Ensure that the flight details, full name, flight information, boarding gate/ zone, and bar code are showcased properly.
- You can head to the airport and show the digital/ email boarding pass on the smartphone to the Spirit airport staff, and security checkpoint agents.
- You can proceed to the boarding gate area post verification.
How to complete Spirit Airline Kiosk check in?
Spirit airlines check in kiosk are available at the departure airports at the terminals of the airport. You can request check in via the kiosk to save time and issue multiple facilities directly at the counter –
- Head to the nearest kiosk counter and use the screen directions and enter flight details like the confirmation number, booking reference number, and passenger details.
- You will be directed to a new page. Choose your flight, and enter the individuals in the booking, their travel documents, age proof, etc.
- The kiosk screen shows a display of available Spirit airline seat selection on the screen, shows check in options for belongings, etc.
- You can input the necessary data as required for you and the rest of the passengers on the booking.
- Pay the applicable spirit airlines kiosk check in fee and other additional charges, if applicable.
- Once you are satisfied with the chosen input, download the issued luggage tags and the boarding pass.
- Take the printed boarding pass to security checkpoints and head to the boarding gate area to board the flight.
How to contact Spirit Airlines for airport check in?
Airport check in is another excellent choice for travelers to check in, request Spirit airline flight changes, modify booking, etc. Here are the steps to complete the check in –
- To request a check in, head to the airport ticket counter. It may take time to address your check in request.
- Once you reach the personnel, portray the request for check in. based on the spirit airline check in time and deadlines for respective departure airports.
- Provide flight details like the departure and arrival airport, booking reference code, confirmation number, and your last name/ family name.
- You can make requests regarding preferred meals, kids traveling alone, airport staff help, guidance during the flight, etc.
- You may have to pay the applicable spirit airlines check in fee at airport worth 25 USD and other applicable fees for the extra facilities and services.
- You will receive the Spirit Airlines print boarding pass after you complete the formalities for check in and head to the boarding area.
How to contact Spirit Airlines over the phone for check in queries?
You can contact the airline over the phone for a variety of queries like Spirit Manage booking, travel information, member clubs, packages, and accessibility, etc. follow the steps given below to contact Spirit customer support –
- Head to the official Spirit Airlines website and choose “Contact Us” from the portal.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Select “SMS/WhatsApp”
- You can send a WhatsApp message or SMS to the spirit airlines check in phone number- 855-728-3555 and send a “Hello”.
- You can click on “SMS/ Whatsapp” to get contact details for other locations by phone or email –
|Locations/ Regions||Contact Number|
|Bogota||571 +241 4000|
|Medellin||57 4485158 / +57 305 3555401|
|Armenia||57 – 6749 – 7244|
|Cali||(57)315 710 1521, (57-2)888-2353|
|Costa Rica: San Jose||+506 4032-9449|
|Guayaquil||593 4 371-0897|
|Barranquilla||+ 57 5 3093238|
|Quetzaltenango (Xela)||502 77254500, 502 5780 8259|
|Peru: Lima||+51932132847 +51946288073|
|San Salvador||+503 2534-8228|
|San Lucas Sacatepéquez||4130 5920|
NOTE – You can find contact details for other locations on the “Contact Us” page from the official Spirit Airlines website.
How to connect with Spirit Airlines over social media for Check in Queries?
If you have queries related to concerns like check in, boarding zones, boarding time, and other concerns like Spirit Airlines pet policy, flight status, etc. you can connect with Spirit over the social media portals like Facebook, Instagram, etc. to get solutions and redressals.
Here is how you can connect with Spirit Airlines over social media via direct message –
|Social Media Portals||Social Media Links/ Profile URLs|
What is the Spirit Airlines Boarding Time?
The boarding time may differ for domestic and international flights. You must reach the boarding gate area following the given schedule –
|Type of Flights||Estimated Time to Reach the Boarding Gate|
|For Domestic Flights||At least 15 minutes before the flight time|
|For International Flights||At least 30 minutes before the flight time|
|For the Virgin Islands (United States)||Up to 30 minutes before the flight departure time|
NOTE – Keep note that it is in cases of delay, it is recommended to stay in the departure gate area for updates and solutions.
What are the Spirit Airline check in charges?
Spirit Airlines may apply to check in charges for offline check in methods for the services and facilities offered at the airport including airport personnel assistance and provision for special requests and additional facilities.
Here are the applicable check in charges –
|Mode of Check In||Check In Charges|
|Via Spirit Web Check in/ App Check In||No charges|
|Spirit Airlines check in at airport||25 USD|
NOTE – Connect with the airline for more details regarding Spirit Airlines check in fee waiver/ offers.
Spirit Airlines check in policy includes all the crucial aspects of check in and its guidelines. Make sure to be well versed with the rules, timeline, and spirit airlines check in time before flight to reach the airport timely. You can also contact the airline for other queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Spirit airlines offer digital boarding passes for passengers who have completed check in via web check in and mobile app check in.
Complete check in using the preferred means – Web check in, mobile app check, or airport check in. You will receive a pass via email or from the airport staff.
Head to the mobile app, choose the trips from the “My Trips” section, click “Check in”, enter the personal details, and upload the travel documents to complete the app check in.
Yes, passengers can use digital boarding passes at selected airports. It is recommended to contact the airport beforehand to know more details.
The check in window opens 24 hours before the estimated flight departure time and lasts up to 45 minutes before the flight time for online and offline methods.
You can check in as early as 24 hours via online/ web check in before the flight departure.
You can check in between 24 hours and 60 minutes for online check in.
Spirit Airlines issue a digital or physical boarding pass and check in confirmation after the passengers complete check in.
Yes, Spirit airline charges 25 USD if the passenger completes check in at the airport.
No, the airline does not charge a fee to print boarding passes via web/ mobile check in. However, you may have to pay 25 USD post airport check in.
Yes, you can check in online via Spirit Airlines website and mobile app check in.
It depends on the traveler’s preference. However, you can save time, avoid airport queues, and pay lesser check in bag charges during online check in.
It is not compulsory to check in 24 hours during Spirit airline flight check in. Passengers can follow the check in deadline of 45 minutes to 60 minutes for a timely check in.
Passengers with pets, group books with more than 10 passengers, and unaccompanied minors cannot request Spirit Airlines flight check in online for flights.
Yes, early check in spirit airlines provide an opportunity to passengers to choose better seats on the flight, better meal packages, or have changes to upgrade the fare type.
You can opt for check in via the official website, airport, or kiosk check in without the Spirit mobile app.