Whether you need to cancel your flight completely, change the date or time of your travel, or make other modifications to your itinerary, United flight cancellation policy is designed to offer you flexibility and peace of mind.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with all the guidelines and to contact the airlines with any questions or concerns you may have.
What are the rules to consider before requesting the flight cancellation with United Airlines?
Before requesting a flight cancellation with United Airlines, here are some rules to consider:
- Check the ticket fare rules – The rules and restrictions for your ticket fare may vary, so it is essential to check the fare rules before requesting a cancellation. Some tickets may be non-refundable, while others may have a penalty fee for cancellations.
- Review the cancellation policy -United cancellation policy outlines the fees and rules for canceling a flight. Make sure to review the policy to understand the charges that may apply and any deadlines for canceling.
- Last minute cancellation – Flight cancellation requests must be made up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure.
- Determine if you are eligible for a refund – If your ticket is eligible for a refund, you may be able to get a full or partial refund depending on the type of ticket you purchased and the reason for cancellation. United Airlines offers refunds for certain types of tickets, such as refundable fares, or for flights that have been canceled or delayed for a significant amount of time.
- Consider changing your flight instead – If you are canceling your flight due to a change in travel plans, consider United Airlines flight change request instead of canceling it altogether. United Airlines allows passengers to make changes to their flights for a fee, which may be less than the cancellation fee.
- Check for travel waivers – United Airlines may offer travel waivers during certain situations, such as severe weather or natural disasters, that allow passengers to change or cancel their flights without penalty. Make sure to check for any travel waivers that may apply before canceling your flight.
- Contact United Airlines customer service – If you have any questions or concerns about canceling your flight, contact United Airlines customer service. They can assist you with the cancellation process and provide information on any fees or refunds that may apply
- Restrictions – flight cancellation not permitted after completing the United Airlines check-in process.
Does United Airlines allow flight cancellation within 24 hours of booking?
United 24 hour cancellation policy allows customers to cancel or change their flights without any penalty or fees within 24 hours of booking, as long as the booking was made at least seven days before the flight’s scheduled departure time.
If you have purchased a flight ticket with United Airlines and need to cancel it within 24 hours of booking, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Eligibility – United Airlines allows you to cancel a flight within 24 hours of purchase without any cancellation fee or penalty, but this policy is only applicable to tickets booked at least seven days prior to the departure date.
- Online cancellation – United Airlines makes it easy to cancel your flight online. Simply visit the United Airlines website, click on “My Trips,” enter your confirmation number and last name, and then select the flight you wish to cancel. You can request a refund or a travel credit for future use.
- Time constraints – If you cancel your flight within 24 hours of purchase, United Airlines will issue a full refund to your original form of payment. However, it may take up to seven business days for the refund to appear on your account. Be sure to cancel the flight as soon as possible to avoid any complications or delays.
- International flights – If you have booked an international flight, it’s important to note that the 24-hour cancellation policy may not apply. Check United ticket cancellation policy for international flights before canceling your booking.
- Contact customer service – If you are unable to cancel your flight online, contact United Airlines’ customer service as soon as possible for assistance. The airline’s customer service team can help you cancel your flight and process your refund or travel credit.
How to cancel the flight with United Airlines?
To cancel a flight with United Airlines, there are several ways:
Option 1: Online
You can cancel your flight on the United Airlines website. Just log in to your account, or simply navigate to the “United Airlines Manage Booking” section, select the flight you want to cancel, and follow the instructions.
- Visit the United Airlines homepage on your web browser.
- Click on the “My Trips” tab located on the homepage.
- Enter your “confirmation number” and “last name”, then click “Search“.
- Choose the flight you want to cancel and click on “Cancel Flight“.
- Review the details of the cancellation and select the reason for canceling the flight.
- Confirm the cancellation and wait for the confirmation email from United Airlines.
Option: 2 By phone
You can call United Airlines customer service at 1-800-864-8331 to cancel your flight. Be sure to have your reservation number and flight details ready when you call. Follow these steps –
- Call the United Airlines customer service phone number and wait for a representative to answer.
- Provide the representative with your flight details, including your name, booking reference number, and flight number you wish to cancel.
- Explain that you want to cancel your flight and provide a reason if asked.
- If you have travel insurance, ask if you are eligible for a refund or if you can receive a credit for future travel.
- Confirm the cancellation details with the representative, including the refund or credit amount.
- If you have any other questions, ask the representative before ending the call.
- Check your email for a cancellation confirmation and keep this for your records.
Option 3: Through the United Airlines mobile app
If you have the United Airlines mobile app installed on your smartphone, you can cancel your flight through the app. Just log in to your account, go to the “My trips” section, select the flight you want to cancel, and follow the instructions.
Option 4: At the airport
If you are at the airport, you can visit a United Airlines ticket counter or kiosk to cancel your flight. A United Airlines representative will assist you with the cancellation process.
- Locate the United Airlines customer service desk or ticket counter at the airport. This can usually be found in the check-in area or near the gates.
- Join the queue at the United Airlines customer service desk.
- Once you reach the front of the queue, inform the customer service representative that you wish to cancel your flight.
- Provide your booking information, including your name and flight details, to the customer service representative.
- The representative will check the status of your booking and advise you of any fees or restrictions associated with canceling your flight.
- If you agree to the terms and fees, the representative will cancel your flight and process any refunds or credits due to you.
- You may be asked to sign a cancellation form or provide a confirmation number for the cancellation.
- Make sure to keep any documentation provided to you by the customer service representative for your records.
Note: United cancellation fee may incur, depending on the fare class you purchased.
How much is the flight cancellation fee with United Airlines?
Passengers have 24 hours from the time of their initial booking to cancel their reservation without incurring a cost, as long as the ticket was bought a week or more before departure. The United airlines cancellation fee mentioned below would be applied per passenger per booking.
|Ticket Type||Cancellation Fee (in USD)|
|Basic Economy||Not permitted.|
|Non-Refundable fare||200 USD for flights within the US. 400 USD for all international flights.|
What are my options if United Airlines cancels the flight?
If United Airlines cancels your flight, you have several options:
- Rebooking – United Airlines will usually rebook you on the next available flight to your destination. You can either call the airline’s customer service or visit their website to initiate the rebooking process.
- Refund – If you do not want to rebook on a later flight, you can request a refund of your ticket price. You can also check if you are eligible for a refund of any additional fees or charges, such as seat selection or baggage fees under the United Airlines cancellation policy.
- Alternative transportation – If you need to get to your destination quickly, you can book a flight with another airline. However, you will have to pay for this out of pocket and will not be reimbursed by United Airlines.
- Compensation – If your flight is canceled due to reasons within United Airlines’ control (such as a mechanical issue), you may be eligible for United flight cancellation compensation under federal regulations. The amount of compensation depends on the length of the delay and the distance of the flight.
Note: It is important to note that if your flight is canceled due to circumstances outside of United Airlines’ control, you may not be eligible for compensation or a refund.
How much is the compensation if the flight is canceled by United Airlines?
The amount of compensation that United Airlines provides for a canceled flight depends on several factors, such as the reason for the cancellation, the length of the delay, and the laws and regulations of the country where the flight was scheduled to depart.
If the flight was canceled due to reasons within United Airlines’ control, such as mechanical issues or crew scheduling problems, under the United flight cancellation policy –
- The airlines may offer passengers compensation in the form of a refund or a voucher for future travel.
- In some cases, United Airlines may also offer passengers compensation in the form of cash or a check.
If the flight was canceled due to reasons outside of United Airlines’ control, such as weather conditions,
- The airline may not offer compensation beyond a refund or a voucher for future travel.
Passengers may also be entitled to compensation under certain circumstances, such as
- If the flight was canceled within 14 days of departure and the passenger was not notified of the cancellation in a timely manner.
The amount of compensation can vary depending on the country where the flight was scheduled to depart and the specific circumstances of the cancellation.
If you have been affected by a flight cancellation by United Airlines, it is recommended that you contact the airline directly to inquire about compensation and options for rebooking or refunding your ticket.
How does the refund work with United Airlines?
If you need to request flight cancellation, go to My Trips to cancel the reservation and get a refund. You can be given the option of a future flight credit or a refund to your original source of payment, depending on the fare type and the class of service booked.
Fill out the refund form if you’ve already canceled your reservation, and United airlines will get in touch with you soon to let you know whether your ticket is eligible for a refund or not.
Check out the United Airlines cancellation refund policy below –
- 24 hour flexible policy – Your flight booking is eligible for a refund under United airlines 24 hour cancellation policy. Passengers must request a refund at least one week before the originally planned departure flight.
- Basic economy fare – Basic Economy tickets cannot be changed, however, they are fully refundable within 24 hours of purchase if you make your purchase at least one week before the original departure date.
- Manage to book – You can go to My Trips to cancel your reservation and get a refund if your ticket is eligible.
- Flight disruption – In case of a flight disruption or a delay for 5 or more hours where passengers have been denied boarding, fill out the refund form if you’re eligible for a refund.
- Fare rule restriction – Any fare that allows refunds may be sought. A United cancellation fee might be charged, depending on the conditions of the paid fare. The majority of fares are nonrefundable and not subject to voluntarily requested refunds.
- Partial or fully used tickets – Refund is applicable on the unused portion of the itinerary. For partially used tickets, the refund is applied to the prorated amount.
- Time constraints – Refunds to credit cards will be handled seven business days after the request. The processing of all other refund requests will take 20 business days.
- Method of payment – Your refund will be credited to the original form of payment.
How to check the status of your refund?
Go to the refunds page and click the “Check status” button. Overall, United flight cancellation policy is transparent and customer-friendly, which helps build trust and loyalty among its passengers. However, it’s always advisable to read and understand the policy before booking a flight to avoid any confusion or unexpected charges in case of a cancellation or change of plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, in case of flight disruption and delay for 5 or more hours, passengers are eligible for a refund on the unused portion of the itinerary.
Yes. provided that the scheduled departure date must be booked at least 7 days ahead.
Yes, United allows flight cancellation due to Covid. In this case, passengers need to confirm the refund eligibility through customer service.
This includes waiving change fees and allowing customers to use their travel credit for up to two years.
The airline charges a cancellation fee for a non-refundable fare. In case of a refundable fare or an award ticket, the airline does not charge the United cancellation fee anymore.
Yes, provided that you cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchase.
Yes, all the refundable fares are eligible for refund, as the amount would be credited back to the original method of payment.
Call the United airlines customer service agent or simply navigate to the My Trip section to request flight cancellation.