Unexpected events can happen that may require a change or cancellation of your flight. In such cases, it is essential to understand the Hawaiian Airlines cancellation policy to avoid any confusion or additional charges.
This article aims to provide a comprehensive guide to the Hawaiian Airlines flight cancellation policy, including the rules, fees, and procedures for canceling a flight with the airline.
What are the rules to consider before canceling the Hawaiian Airlines flight booking?
Before canceling a flight booking with Hawaiian Airlines, there are some important rules to consider:
- The type of ticket you have purchased will also affect your cancellation options. Refundable tickets can be canceled and refunded, while non-refundable tickets may not be eligible for a refund.
- Hawaiian Airlines cancellation fee for most tickets, which may vary depending on the type of ticket and the timing of the cancellation.
- No flight cancellation is permitted after you have completed the Hawaiian airlines check-in.
- If you miss your flight and do not notify the airline in advance, under Hawaiian Airlines canceled flights policy, your ticket may be canceled, and you may forfeit any refund or credit options.
Does Hawaiian Airlines allow flight cancellation within 24 hours of booking?
As per Hawaiian airlines 24 hour cancellation policy, the airlines allows passengers to cancel their flights within 24 hours of booking without any penalty. Provided,
- The scheduled departure date must be booked at least 7 days in advance.
- Hawaiian airlines 24-hour cancellation would not apply to the reward tickets and discounted fares.
- The itinerary includes no more than 9 passengers traveling on the same routes.
What is the Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Policy due to COVID-19?
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted travel plans worldwide, and Hawaiian Airlines has introduced flexible policies to accommodate passengers affected by it. Here’s what you need to know:
- Passengers with flights canceled due to COVID-19 will receive a full refund to their original form of payment.
- If your flight is not canceled, but you want to make changes to your travel plans due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for a waiver of change fees. However, this waiver is subject to certain terms
How do I cancel my flight with Hawaiian Airlines?
Here are the steps to cancel your flight with Hawaiian Airlines, both for online and offline methods:
How to contact the airline Online/ Via Website for Flight Cancellation?
To cancel the flight online, you need to navigate Hawaiian Airlines’ manage booking section –
- Visit the Hawaiian Airlines website.
- Click on the “Manage Flights” tab at the top of the homepage.
- Click on “My Trips” to access the available itineraries.
- Enter the “Ticket Number or the Confirmation code” and the last name” of the passenger.
- Select the “Cancel My Trip” option as stated on the webpage.
- Select the “Cancel Reservation” option.
- Review the Hawaiian air flight cancellations policy and fees
- Follow the onscreen instructions like entering the full details, the reason for flight cancellation, etc.
- Confirm your cancellation.
What are the Offline options available for Flight Cancellation with Hawaiian?
Passengers who have a hard time navigating the airline’s website can reach out to the Hawaiian Airlines flight executive. All you need to do is –
- Call the Hawaiian Airlines customer service number – 1-800-367-5320
- Provide the agent with your reservation details, such as “confirmation code” and “last name”.
- Request to cancel Hawaiian Airlines flight.
- The agent will review the Hawaiian air cancellation policy and fees with you.
- Confirm the cancellation with the agent.
- Note down the cancellation confirmation number provided by the agent.
How to request Flight Cancellations At the airport counter?
If you need to request Hawaiian Airlines cancel flight at the airport, here are the steps you can follow:
- Make sure you have access to your flight details, including your flight number, departure date, and confirmation number.
- At the airport, look for a Hawaiian Airlines representative. They are often located at the check-in desk or close to the gate.
- Tell the person you find there that you need to cancel your flight. They’ll ask you for information about your flight and possibly your identification.
- You can ask the agent if you are entitled to Hawaiian Airlines cancel flight refund or credit. It might be necessary for you to complete a form or offer further details.
- Ask for any reference number and be sure to check with the employee that your flight has been canceled.
- If you still need to travel, ask the agent if there are any other flights that are still open. Alternatively, if you need to cancel your trip entirely, find out your options for rescheduling or getting a refund.
Note: It is recommended to cancel your flight up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure to avoid any hassles.
What is the Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation fee?
Here is the table summarizing the Hawaiian Airlines flight cancellation fees:
Passengers who elect to receive a refund in the form of a travel credit will be assessed the following service fee –
|Travel Route||Service fee (in USD)|
|Within the State of Hawaii||25|
|Within the Continental USA||100|
|Between the State of Hawaii and the Continental USA||100|
Please Note: The Hawaiian air cancellation fees mentioned above are subject to change and may vary based on the specific route, fare type, and other factors.
What is the Hawaiian Airlines cancellation refund policy?
Hawaiian Airlines cancellation refund policy can vary depending on the type of fare purchased and other factors. However, in general, here are some important points to keep in mind:
- The ticket must be issued on Hawaiian Airlines ticket stock which means 173 as part of the ticket serial number.
- Refunds would be applicable on the unused portion of the ticket.
- No refund would be issued after 12 months from the original date of issue.
- Hawaiian airlines canceled flight refund would be offered on the unused portion of the itinerary if the flight is canceled or disrupted by the airlines, which is within the airline’s control.
- The airline will issue a refund within 7 business days for tickets that were booked through a credit card.
- Hawaiian airlines reservation that was booked through debit card, cash, and other forms of payment would be issued a refund in 20 business days in the original method of payment.
- Travel Credit remains valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
What If Hawaiian Airlines canceled my flight?
If Hawaiian airlines cancel flights it’s important to stay in communication with the airlines and follow their instructions.
- Contact Hawaiian Airlines customer service – Call or use the airline’s online chat to get more information about your flight and your options for rebooking or refunding it.
- Rebook your flight – The next available flight to your destination will generally be rebooked by Hawaiian Airlines. The new flight may be subject to additional fees or a price difference depending on your travel dates and times.
- Request a refund – If you no longer want to travel, you can request a refund for your canceled flight. You will receive your refund to your original form of payment within 7-10 business days. If you booked a non-refundable fare, you will only receive a credit for future travel.
What would be the Hawaiian Airlines Cancellation Compensation?
Depending on the cause of the cancellation and the airline’s regulations, you might be entitled to Hawaiian Airlines canceled flight compensation.
You might be eligible for compensation under the airline’s Passenger Bill of Rights if the cancellation was under the airline’s control, such as because of technical issues or staff scheduling issues.
You are entitled to the following compensation based on the length of the delay –
- If arranged alternate transportation that arrives at your destination no later than 1 hour from your planned arrival time, you’re not entitled to any compensation.
- If alternate transportation is planned to arrive at the destination between 1 and 2 hours from the original arrival time,
- You’re entitled to get 200% of the one-way fare with a maximum of 775 USD.
- If the alternate flight provided to you arrive at your destination more than 2 hours after the original arrival time,
- You’re entitled to get 400% of the one-way fare with a maximum of 1550 USD.
In Conclusion, Hawaiian Airlines has a clear and detailed cancellation policy that provides customers with flexibility and options when it comes to changing or canceling their travel plans. Whether it’s due to unforeseen circumstances or simply a change of heart, passengers can rest assured that they have the ability to modify their itinerary without incurring excessive fees or penalties.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cancellation policy depends on the type of ticket that you purchased and the fare rules associated with it. It’s always best to contact Hawaiian Airlines directly.
For flights within the State of Hawaii, passengers can cancel the flight up to 60 minutes before scheduled departure.
Log in at the airlines website and navigate to the Manage flight tab to process cancellation.
Yes. The fee amount depends on the fare rules associated with your ticket and the time frame within which you cancel your flight.
Yes as long as the flight departure is more than 7 days away from the scheduled flight time.
Hawaiian Airlines is currently offering a flexible booking policy that allows customers to make changes to their travel plans without penalty.
Hawaiian Airlines offers both refundable and non-refundable tickets, and your ticket fare rules will determine your options for refunds/ compensation.
If you booked a group reservation with Hawaiian Airlines, the cancellation policy may vary based on the terms and conditions of the group booking agreement.