The Qatar Airways unaccompanied minor policy provides assistance for kids flying alone. It works through a certain age criterion. Depending on the age of a child, cabin class booked, and other factors, the policy varies in terms of functions. After understanding these, adults can book it for their minors.
What Are the Guidelines for the Qatar Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
Kids flying alone will be well taken care of, as this service is designed with them in mind. The following points are the skeletal framework of this service:
- Throughout the trip, the focus of the service is offering assistance, including:
- Guidance while booking the service and ticket
- Help with check-in formalities
- The unaccompanied minor service will take care of:
- Transport to and from aircraft
- Security screening
- Passport control
- Taking care of all needs before/during/after a flight
- Mostly, young solo travelers are among the first to board the flight.
- At the destination (airport), the representative will assist the minor with:
- Baggage claim
- Help at the exit gate
- The child’s custody will be given to the designated person by:
- Or, guardians
- For security purposes, the documents of the assigned individual will be verified.
- In order to use this service, you need to pay the return fare for the carrier’s agent.
- Children get the same baggage allowance as adults.
- Parents/guardians need to accompany the child to the airport for their Qatar Airways check-in.
- They are supposed to wait at the origin airport until departure.
Limitations of the Policy
The limitations of this service include:
- Children less than the age of 5/five are not eligible for the service.
- Some fares are restricted for solo kid service.
- Young solo travelers may not be allowed on interline and/or code-share flights.
What Is the Qatar Airways Assistance Service for Children?
This airline offers an assistance service through its agents for children who are supposed to fly alone. The terms of this, under the unaccompanied minor service, are:
- To reserve the service, the kid should be between the ages of 5 and 15.
- The young passenger can be up to 16 years (excluding the 16th birthday).
- A flight attendant would assist after the child from start to finish of the trip.
- An escorting request must be placed 72 hours before the plane’s takeoff.
- This applies solely to flights operated by Qatar Airways.
What is the Qatar Airways Unaccompanied Minor Age Served?
There is an age cutoff for being eligible to obtain the service. The type of service and eligibility are tabulated below:
|Service Type||Qatar Airways Unaccompanied Minor Age|
|Unaccompanied minor||5 years to 11 years|
|Young solo traveler Meet and Assist Services||12 years to 15 years|
|Assistance by agents||5 years to 15 years|
What is the Qatar Airways Unaccompanied Minor Fee?
Here are a few factors that can be helpful in determining the Qatar Airways unaccompanied minor cost:
- The exact purchase fee will be available while booking.
- Adult tickets have to be bought for a kid.
- The return fare for the carrier’s agent assisting the kid throughout the trip is charged.
Tip: Call the operator’s agent to get the actual breakdown of the cost.
What Are the Documents Needed for Unaccompanied Minor on Qatar Airways?
To fly alone on flights operated by this carrier, the child, parent, or guardian must have all the documents specified by the laws of the entry and exit countries.
Mostly the following documents of Qatar Airways unaccompanied minors are verified during the check-in or exit:
- Health certificate
- Birth certificate
- The Letter of consent (if applicable)
- Notarized document (when applicable)
- An unaccompanied minor form of Qatar Airways
Papers for Adults
These documents of the parents/guardians and designated person to receive the unaccompanied kid at the destination are verified:
- Or, a national identifying document
Note: The required documents vary by region/country. It is best to verify the need for paperwork with the airline’s contact center.
How to Book the Qatar Airways Unaccompanied Minor Service?
This carrier advises customers to directly connect with it to book this service for kids to fly alone. The policy for unaccompanied minors on Qatar Airways provides the following options.
Method 1: Book on Call
You will have to find the contact details on the official site of this airline. To find the number, follow these instructions:
- Go to the main webpage of the official site and click on “Help”.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Scroll to its bottom.
- There will be a search box below “Get in Touch from Anywhere”.
- Enter the country’s name in the search box.
- Hit on the “Search” icon and the calling ID will load.
However, here is a list of phone numbers for some countries:
|Argentina||+1 877 777 2827|
|Indonesia||(001) 8030160210(007) 8030160210|
|Canada||+1 888 366 5666|
|Germany||+49 6917 4899 14|
|Hungary||+36 1 755 5025|
|South Korea||82 70 7488 5074|
Method 2: Visiting the Airline Office
Another way to avail of the unaccompanied minor facilities is by visiting the airline office. Here, trained professionals will help customers.
To find the nearest office of the operator, take help from the points given below:
- Navigate the Qatar Airways official website.
- Then find “Help”.
- Using this, you have to come to the end of the new page.
- Here, the option “Find Us” should be given.
- In this, you have to mention a location.
- Proceed by tapping “Search”.
- Pick the address of the airline’s office and make the reservation.
Documents Required for this Method
You can carry the following documents/details with you to keep the process hassle-free:
- Details of parents/guardians/person supposed to meet the kid at the destination, like:
- Full name
- Passport/national identification card
- Carry the following documents of the child:
- Birth certificate
- Health certificate
- Other applicable documents for entry and exit as per the country’s law.
How to Request the Unaccompanied Minor Service for Existing Reservations?
The unaccompanied minor Qatar Airways service can be requested for a confirmed booking, provided that the ticket number begins with 157.
Before you proceed to manage booking on Qatar Airways, keep the details of the people mentioned below handy:
- Parents/legal guardians
- Person to see off the young traveler at departure
- Designated individual to receive the kid
To request the service digitally, follow the steps given below:
- Navigate to the “Help” web page on the official site.
- Find the “Young Solo Traveller” box.
- Retrieve the reservation with the:
- Booking Reference
- passenger’s last name
- Now, the Qatar Airways unaccompanied minor form will be accessible.
- Carefully fill up the details in this form.
- After submission, you will receive an email with a PDF attachment of the form.
Can I Redeem Avios to Book Award Tickets for UMNR on Qatar Airways?
Privilege Club members can book an “Award Ticket” for a child. They can request this unaccompanied minor service by redeeming their Avios.
- Only the main member of the Privilege Club can request the service.
- The following kids are eligible for such bookings:
- Unaccompanied child between 5 years to 11 years
- A young traveler between 12 years to 15 years
- Your request must be made at least 4 days (96 hours) before the travel date.
- The minimum cutoff to request the service is 48 hours before the day you want to fly.
What is the Qatar Airways Unaccompanied Minor Cost for Award Tickets?
After paying a price, such reservations can be made on flights operated/marketed by this carrier. The Qatar Airways unaccompanied minor fee for such reservations are:
- The booking can be made for Economy Class. Its charges will apply.
- A minor will pay the usual Avios required to reserve the Award Ticket for an adult.
- You will be charged 3,000 Avios as a service fee.
- You may have to pay a “Rush fee” and “Change Fee” (where ever applicable).
- Also, the appropriate “Unaccompanied Minor Fee” must be paid by:
- “Young Passengers” (12 to 15 years old)
- Those who request the “Meet & Assist” service
Note: For this service fee, you will be provided an electronic miscellaneous document (EMD). This EMD is non-refundable.
Documents Required for Check-In
The Privilege Club member must produce the documents listed below during check-in:
- Unaccompanied Minor Award Ticket
- Copy of EMD (3,000 Avios)
- A filled-up “UMNR Request for Carriage” form obtained at the:
- Or, the nearest airline’s city office
Additional Terms and Conditions
Here are some additional applicable regulations for availing of the service:
- It is mandatory to have an “Award Tickets Request Form”.
- The Award Ticket for unaccompanied minors cannot be upgraded.
- If there are any changes or refunds, the standard Award Ticket terms will be in effect.
How to Book a Qatar Airways Award Ticket for an Unaccompanied Minor?
To purchase Award Tickets for kids flying alone, follow the instructions described below:
- Go to the operator’s official web portal.
- At the top right-hand corner, click on the “Login” button.
- On the fresh page, add the following:
- Privilege Club Membership Number
- Next, click on “Redeem Avios and Qcredits”.
- On this page, you can proceed with the award ticket booking.
- Contact “Member Services”.
- Connect with the service via the “Write to Us” page in the logged-in section.
- Add the following details for the “Unaccompanied Minor Service” request:
- Name of the child (as it is listed on the passport)
- A copy of the minor’s passport
- Date of birth of the kid
After receiving your request, the operator will send you an email with the following information:
- Ticket details
- The process to make online payment
Customers can choose this operator due to the advantages received from the Qatar Airways unaccompanied minor policy. Overall, this service gives parents and guardians the assurance that their children traveling alone will receive the best care possible.
Note: As of March 11, 2018, this operator has stopped processing such services through the contact centers and ticket offices.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
After you submit the service request, you will be sent an email with a pdf attachment of the form. From there, you can download it.
Children have the same luggage allowance as adults.
It is a support service for underage kids over the age of 5 who are supposed to fly alone.
This service is available to children between the ages of 5 and 15. They can be up to 16 years old, but the 16th birthday is not included.
Privilege Club members can redeem Avios to make such reservations for kids traveling alone.
Mostly, the birth certificate, health certificate, and passport are verified. They vary with the country’s law.
To book this service, customers can call the operator or visit its nearest office.
An airline representative will assist with the child the entire time as part of this service for kids traveling alone.
Regular modification fees apply to the adjustments made to the young traveler’s Award Ticket.