As a traveler, you must be well versed with all the terms and conditions of the airline related to crucial aspects like check in, boarding process, zones, airport staff assistance, etc.
Refer to the Aeroflot airline check in guidelines, eligibility criteria, and terms and conditions to get the desired assistance from the airport personnel –
What are the options to complete the check-in with Aeroflot and check in timings?
You can opt for various check in methods abiding by the guidelines, restrictions, and other associated timings with them to pursue a successful check in and travel experience with the carrier.
Here is the check in methods offered by Aeroflot airline –
What are Aeroflot check in online and check in timings?
Aeroflot check in online permits passengers to check in for the required flight at the convenience of their homes and offices. Keep note that –
- Online check in timings – The online check in window opens 24 hours before and closes up to 45 minutes before the flight departure.
- You can check in online for flights handled by Aeroflot or its partner/ subsidiary airlines like Aurora and Rossiya from Moscow (Sheremetyevo).
- It is also applicable for other airports following the Aeroflot check in guidelines and mechanism.
- You may not be able to complete online check in if the Aeroflot flights are departing from Cairo, Beijing (PEK), Delhi (DEL), Colombo (CMB), Goa (GOI), Dubai (DXB), etc.
- For Rossiya airline, flights departing from locations like Ljubljana (LJU), Almaty (ALA), Geneva (GVA), Kirovsk (KVK), Antalya (AYT), Bangkok (BKK), Paris (PAR) to name a few do not permit online check in.
NOTE – Refer to the “Online Check in” section on the official website for the exceptions including the locations where you cannot check in online.
Does Aeroflot online check in allow Self-printing boarding passes?
Online check in ensures that the passengers can print the boarding passes at home or office via printer for the majority of the airports. Keep the following details in mind –
- For flights departing from Delhi, Malé, Egypt (Cairo, Sharm el-Sheikh, Hurghada), Dubai, Japan (Tokyo Haneda airport), and China (Shanghai, Beijing), the online check-in window shuts down 60 minutes before departure.
- At Antalya airport, Turkish authorities specify that passengers with online/ self-check in must obtain boarding passes at the ticket counter.
- Those with self-check in at Cairo airport must also head to the check in desk to fulfill security checkpoints, and complete formalities to obtain the pass due to stricter security and aviation guidelines.
- Aeroflot flights departing from any airport in the Republic of Uzbekistan must proceed to the check in desk to obtain the boarding pass before flight departure.
- The digital boarding pass is not accepted in the Russian Federation. Head to the departure gate area with a printed boarding pass.
Who cannot avail of Aeroflot online check in?
Following passengers may not be able to avail of online check in and must opt for other check in methods –
- Travelers carrying weapons, instruments like guitars
- Those carrying their belongings in the passenger seat
- Kids are traveling unaccompanied
- Passengers carrying animals and pets like guide dogs, emotional support dogs, service dogs, and assistance dogs
What is Aeroflot check in mobile?
Aeroflot mobile check in is available for passengers to allow travelers to complete mobile check in comfortably. It is available when –
- The flights are handled by Aeroflot or its subsidiaries/ partner airlines like Rossiya or Aurora.
- Mobile check in is also available for flights departing from Moscow (Sheremetyevo).
- It is also available for any other airports abiding by the aeroflot check in rules and guidelines.
- Mobile check in timings – The mobile app check in window lies between 24 hours and closes 45 minutes before the flight departure.
- After you complete check in, the airline allots the boarding pass on the mobile phone screen with a 2D barcode.
Who cannot avail of the Mobile check in?
Mobile check in is not available for the following passengers and in such cases, it is advisable to head to the airport counter for assistance –
- Passengers with service animals
- Those carrying weapons or other types of luggage
- Kids traveling alone unaccompanied
What are the circumstances under which mobile check in is not available?
Mobile check in is not available for the following flights –
- Codeshare flights if Aeroflot is not handling or operating the flight
- Chartered flights handled by Rossiya carrier. It can be identified and start with 195
- The flights departing from locations like –
NOTE – Head to the official website for more locations where you cannot opt for mobile check in.
What is an Aeroflot Mobile Boarding Pass?
Aeroflot mobile boarding pass is a digital document essential to board the flight and is used for verification. Also –
- The boarding pass must be shown at the drop-off counter for your belongings, at the boarding gate, and during flight boarding.
- Passengers must download and save the pass on their mobile devices and showcase the pass at the departure airport.
- You can save the boarding pass on your mobile device via –
- Using Passbook
- Using Pass2U apps (For Android devices) or Google Pay for others
- Using Email
- If travelers are not allowed to access the mobile pass at the airport, they can head to the nearest self service kiosk counter and print a copy.
- At the self check in machines, you cannot print the boarding passes later than 45 minutes before the flight departure time.
- The majority of international airports allow digital mobile boarding passes, you can visit the website for the airports.
- There are machines available at the airport for printing passes. In the absence of such machines, you can print out the digital boarding passes at the self check-in machines via the “Reprint the boarding pass” option.
- The kiosk reprinting boarding pass feature is available within 45 minutes of the flight departure time.
NOTE – Passengers can refer to the mobile check in guidelines for more details regarding “Additional facilities at the airport” and exceptions.
What is Aeroflot Kiosk Check In?
It is a convenient and highly preferable means to check in among the passengers.
Kiock checks in available for passengers in the following circumstances-
- For flights governed by Aeroflot or its partner airlines like Aurora, Russia flights begin from Moscow.
- Kiosk check in is also available at airports where self check in kiosks are installed.
- Passengers who are flying on codeshare flights where Aeroflot is not the operating airline cannot request a kiosk check in.
- Passengers can use the Aeroflot Bonus card or their Credit cards as electronic cards for booking identification.
- Kiosk check in reduces the time spent in long queues at the airport and provides services like choosing preferable seating at the airport along with other exciting benefits.
- Kiosk check in – The kiosk check in window closes 40 minutes before the flight departure time.
- It closes 30 minutes before the flight for those traveling under the Aeroflot Shuttle Program.
- The kiosk check in window closes 60 minutes before the flight departure for the following locations –
|USA (Los Angeles, Washington DC, New York, Miami)||Berlin|
|Brussels||China (Beijing, Shanghai)|
|Valencia||London (Heathrow Airport)|
|Delhi||Japan (Tokyo – Haneda Airport)|
|Dubai||Egypt (Cairo, Hurghada)|
|Paris||Frankfurt am Main|
NOTE – Refer to the website for more such locations and their restrictions.
Who cannot request Aeroflot Kiosk Check In?
Following passengers cannot access Aeroflot Kiosk check in –
- Those carrying weapons and heavy items
- Passengers with instruments like guitars or those who need the facility of carrying their items in the passenger seat
- Travelers with service or domestic animals like guide dogs for other animals for emotional support and assistance
- For kids traveling alone
NOTE – Head to the “Kiosk” section for details regarding airport exceptions and other credentials.
What is Aeroflot Airport Check in?
Passengers can head to the airport check in desks with the necessary details and documents to complete check in.
- Information related to the necessary documents, time and destination of the flight, estimated check in time for the flight, Aeroflot baggage rules, and security guidelines.
- Fliers must present their passport, Air Tickets, and relevant documents to enter or exit the destination airport at the check in desks.
- Airport Check in Time – The general airport check in deadline lasts up to 40 minutes before the flight time.
NOTE – Head to the official website “Airport Check in” option for more details.
What is Aeroflot Advance Check In?
Advance check in permits passengers to check in online via Aeroflot web check in and Aeroflot check in mobile or use check in machines for a timely check in. Add to that –
- It allows travelers to check in up to 6 hours before the scheduled flight departure time.
- Advance Check in Time – You can check in in advance by following the given timetable –
- Via Aeroflot Web check in and mobile check in – Up to 24 hours before the flight time
- Via Check in Desks – Up to 12 hours before the estimated flight departure
- Via Kiosk Check in – Up to 24 hours before scheduled departure
- The airline will prioritize advance check in for passengers whose flight departure is less than 6 hours away over those with longer time periods.
NOTE – For more details, refer to the “Advance Check in” section on the website.
What is the deadline to complete the check in with Aeroflot Airlines?
The deadline to complete check-in with Aeroflot Airlines varies depending on the departure airport, destination, and travel class.
Although check-in typically closes 40 minutes prior to departure, some airports have unconventional check-in deadline policies –
|Locations/ Regions||Airport Check in Time|
|Switzerland (Zurich, Geneva)||45 minutes before the scheduled flight departure|
|From Delhi, Dubai, Egypt (Cairo, Hurghada, Sharm el-Sheikh), Male, China (Beijing, Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo — Haneda airport)||Closes 60 minutes before the estimated departure time|
|Sheremetyevo Airport F, E Terminals – Economy and Business Class||Between 2 hours and 40 minutes of the flight departure time|
For flights from St. Petersburg – Closes 30 minutes before the flight
|Sheremetyevo airport B, C, D Terminals – Economy and Business Class||Opens 6 hours before and closes 40 minutes before the flight time |
For flights from St. Petersburg – The window is open between 6 hours and 30 minutes before the flight leaving time
How to request Aeroflot flight Check in via various methods?
Aeroflot Airlines provides the liberty to choose among the diverse methods based on their convenience and preference. You can also use the online and offline means for Aeroflot Manage Booking and other services.
Here is the top Aeroflot flight check in methods –
How do I complete the online check in Aeroflot?
You can complete the online check using the following steps –
- Head to the official website – Aeroflot home page.
- On the home page, you will find options like Booking, Online Check in, Manage Booking, and E-Voucher.
- Choose “Online Check In” and enter crucial details like the Booking code, ticket number, or loyalty program number, and the last name in Latin letters.
- Verify the details and click “Check In Now”
- On the new page, enter the number of passengers and their details.
- Confirm the flight details, verify the information, select meal packages, desired Aeroflot seat selection, check in the belongings, etc.
- Upload the travel documents and government-issued ID proofs and other details like passport information, etc.
- Once you verify and review the details, submit them.
- The airline will issue a digital boarding pass and send the credentials via email or on the profile.
- You can download, save, and print the pass and proceed to the boarding gate area.
How do I complete the check-in for an Aeroflot flight through a mobile app?
Aeroflot mobile app allows passengers to check in via their smartphones and tablets. You can also request Aeroflot flight cancellation and more. Follow these steps for mobile check in –
- Head to the Aeroflot mobile app on your Android or iOS devices.
- On the app, choose the “Check in” option from the main page/ home screen.
- You can enter the Aeroflot bonus number, Booking reference number, or the E-ticket reference number and the last name to retrieve booking details.
- Once you proceed to the next page, enter the total number of passengers and the names on the booking.
- Submit the necessary travel documents and government-issued ID proofs for domestic and international travel, if applicable.
- You can choose desired seating preferences, opt for meals, upgrade or modify the fare class, or include extra services for you.
- Follow the remaining on screen instructions and ensure that the right details are entered on the screen.
- Once the details are verified, the airline will process the request.
- Once you have completed the check-in process, you can save your boarding pass to your phone, which can be scanned at the gate before boarding.
How do I complete the Aeroflot check in airport?
The steps to complete the check-in at Aeroflot check-in for Aeroflot at the airport are as follows:
- Arrive at the airport with enough time before the scheduled departure time of your flight. It is recommended to arrive at least 2-3 hours before aeroflot check in international flights and 1-2 hours before for domestic flights.
- Head to the Aeroflot check-in counter or self-service kiosk, which will be located in the departure area of the airport. Look for the signs indicating the Aeroflot check-in area.
- Present your passport or other acceptable identification documents to the check-in agent.
- Provide your flight information to the check-in agent or use the self-service kiosk to input your flight information.
- If you have checked your luggage, hand over your bags to the check-in agent, who will weigh and tag them. The agent will also provide you with baggage claim tags, which you will need to present to retrieve your luggage at your destination.
- If you have carry-on luggage, make sure it meets the size and weight restrictions specified by Aeroflot. You may be asked to weigh your carry-on luggage at the check-in counter.
- Receive your boarding pass from the check-in agent or print it out at the self-service kiosk. Make sure to check the information on your boarding pass, including your name, flight details, seat assignment, and departure gate.
- Proceed to security screening, which is typically located near the check-in area.
- Once you have passed through security, head to your departure gate, which will be listed on your boarding pass. Make sure to arrive at the gate well before the scheduled departure time of your flight.
Note: The exact Aeroflot check-in procedures may vary depending on the airport and the type of flight you are taking.
How to complete the Aeroflot check in kiosk?
You can complete kiosk check in for a safe, quick, and convenient check in experience. Follow the steps given below –
- Head to the nearest kiosk check in counter near the terminals at the airport.
- To start the registration or login process, enter the identification electronic card (Aeroflot Bonus Program card or Credit card) in the given slot.
- You can also enter the booking reference code or the PNR number with the last name of the passengers on the screen.
- Choose the desired itinerary and select the number of passengers. You can select yourself and other passengers on the booking.
- Enter the number of passengers and their genders.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select the desired seating preferences in the cabin, and request flight fare type changes/ modifications.
- Once you verify and submit the details. The check in process is complete and you are ready to print your boarding pass.
- Head to the boarding area post check in completion.
How to connect with Aeroflot Airlines over the phone?
To connect with the airline over the phone, follow the given steps –
- On the website home page, you can scroll down to find the contact details.
- You can also choose “Need Help” from the main menu and scroll down to the “Contact Us” section to find the necessary contact information.
- On the “Support” page, you can also “Create a Support Request”, select the topic and choose “Create”.
- You can also click “Request a call back” by adding your name and phone number.
- You can also click on the “Question mark (?)” sign on the home page which will direct you to the Feedback page and follow the steps same as above.
- Here are some of the aeroflot check in phone numbers covering wider aspects of queries-
|Means to Connect||Contact Number|
|MTS, Beeline, Megafon, Tele2, Tinkoff Mobile||*555|
|Russia||8 (800) 444-55-55|
|Moscow||+7 (495) 223-55-55|
How to connect with Aeroflot airline over social media for queries?
Aeroflot airline uses social media sites to stay connected with passengers and share special offers, flight updates, news, and flight-related information, and address difficulties faced by travelers regarding Aeroflot flight cancellations, flight discounts, and other details.
Following are the social media portals to connect with the airline regarding check in and other queries –
|Social Media Platforms||Social Media Profile Links/ URLs|
How to access the boarding pass with Aeroflot?
There are several ways to access your boarding pass with Aeroflot:
- Online check-in – During the online check-in process, you will have the option to download your boarding pass to your mobile device or print it out.
- Aeroflot mobile app – Simply log in to your account and select the “My flights” section to view your boarding pass.
- Airport check in kiosks – If you prefer to check in at the airport, you can use the self-service check-in kiosks located in the Aeroflot terminal. After checking in, you can print out your boarding pass at the kiosk.
- Airport check-in desk – If you are unable to check in online or at the self-service kiosks, you can visit the Aeroflot check-in desk at the airport to receive your boarding pass.
Aeroflot check-in procedures are an essential aspect of air travel that ensures the safety and comfort of all passengers. The airline has implemented various check-in options, including online, mobile, and self-service kiosks, to provide passengers with flexibility and convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can check in between 24 hours and 30 minutes before the flight departure using various online and offline check in methods.
On the website, choose “Check in”, enter the booking number, last name of the passenger, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete check in.
In such cases, you can head to the self check-in kiosks or airport ticket counters at the airport to choose the desirable seats or check the availability.
To complete check in without the app, refer to the website, airport, or kiosk counters for check in and security screening formalities.
You can request Aeroflot flight check in as early as 24 hours before flight departure via the advance check in facility.
After completing mobile check in, the boarding pass can be saved with the QR code via Pass2U apps, email, and passbook.
Mobile check in is not available for those with pets/ service animals, minors traveling alone, or those carrying weapons.
The boarding gate closes 20 minutes before the flight departure time for the majority of the airports – domestic and Aeroflot international check in time.
Online check in is preferable as it saves time and effort, whereas airport check in may take time and have long queues.
Aeroflot airline does not mention charges for check in. However, it is recommended to connect with the airline regarding any doubts/ queries.
The boarding pass is allotted after the passengers complete check in formalities via online and offline check in methods.