For passengers of Air Canada flights, it is crucial to check-in on time and follow all the procedures outlined by the airline. This is to ensure security and smooth on boarding. Air Canada check in policy procedures can be executed in various ways.
Refer to the following Air Canada check in rules, timeline, and method to ensure a convenient travel experience on the aircraft.
What are the services offered during Air Canada check in?
The carrier Air Canada allows passengers to initiate the following services while requesting a check in with their preferred check in method –
- Request same-day Air Canada flight changes
- If eligible, request stand-by for previous flights
- Eligible passengers can request cabin class and fare type upgradation via eUpgrade credits
- Select the preferred seating arrangement on the aircraft
- Submit health documents like test results, vaccination reports
- Check in bags or indicate the total number of items beforehand to save up time at the airport
- Request last minute upgradation to the flights, if available
- Change or modify details like frequent flier number and the Aeroplan number
What are the check in methods offered by Air Canada?
Air Canada provides diverse check in methods for remote and domestic passengers to cater to their demands, focusing on timely check in without compromising on flight timings.
What is Air Canada web check in?
Air Canada online check in is available on flights handled by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, and Air Canada Rouge. Add to that –
- The following passengers are eligible for Air Canada checking in online –
- Passengers traveling on direct flights operated by Air Canada.
- Flights are handled by other partner airlines.
- If the first connecting flight is handled by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, and Air Canada Rouge.
- Passengers with or without luggage. Refer to Air Canada baggage policy for more details.
- Air Canada online check in times – 24 hours before flight departure time.
Who is not allowed to check in via Air Canada web check in?
Following passengers must check in and complete the requirements via Air Canada check in counters if traveling with special requests like –
- Passengers requiring assistance like wheelchair support.
- Passengers who need medical assistance and airline staff support.
- Passengers traveling on Air Canada unaccompanied minor service.
How to check in the group booking with web check in?
To check in groups, keep note the following details –
- You can check in up to a maximum of nine passengers online or via mobile check in.
- For booking more than 9 passengers, the passengers must check in all the passengers in sessions.
- Provide essential details like the booking reference number offered by Air Canada or the travel agent.
- Offer other details like the first and last names of all the passengers individually to complete their check in.
What is Air Canada Mobile Check in App?
Air Canada app check in timings start 24 hours before the estimated flight departure time.
What are the Mobile Check-in air canada check in deadlines?
Passengers must refer to the following check in deadlines for a successful Air Canada online check in mobile –
|Flight Booking||Check-in Deadline (Before Departure)|
|Within Canada||45 minutes|
|Canada to International location||60 minutes|
|Flights from Toronto (Connecting flights)||20 minutes|
Note: The local time of the airport is to be considered while checking in to connecting flights.
Who is Not Eligible for Mobile Check-in?
This Air Canada check in process is made available at certain locations via mobiles or smartphones. Customers can go through their airline ticket to find out if it is eligible for the same. They cannot utilize mobile check-in in case:
- There is a flight that Air Canada does not operate.
- A flight booking is for 10 or more passengers.
- The mobile check-in option is not available at the departing airport.
What is Air Canada Airport Check in?
Passengers can request airport check in up to 3 hours before flight time. The check in is excellent for passengers if they qualify for the given circumstances –
- Children traveling alone without a guardian or parent
- Passengers with special requirements like wheelchair assistance or those who have special requests
- Passengers traveling with a pet like dogs and cats
What is the Air Canada self check in kiosk?
Air Canada kiosk check in begins up to 12 hours before the stipulated flight time. Add to that –
- Passengers who have purchased tickets via Air Canada Reservations, travel agent, or the Internet are eligible for kiosk check in.
- Young travelers of 12-17 years of age are suggested to use this method and take help from the airline representatives.
- The fliers must enter any one of the following details at the kiosk to check-in:
- Booking reference number
- Barcode as on itinerary receipt
- Aeroplan/Star Alliance frequent flier card
- Payment card details
How to request an Air Canada check in kiosk for Group Travelers?
Multiple passenger bookings can be checked in through kiosks for flights. The maximum number of people that can be marked in a single session is 9.
For instance, if there is a flight booking for 20 people, three sessions of 9, 9, and 2 passengers will be allowed.
- Enter the first name and last name of each person individually.
- Provide the total checked luggage of each individual.
Note: For reporting the availability of a big group, it is suggested to arrive early at the airport. Otherwise, being late for this process may cause flight delays for Air Canada.
For International Flights
Fliers traveling from Canada to another country using this air operator must have the below-mentioned information handy to check in using the kiosk.
- Date of birth
- Country of residence
- Travel documents
- Passport number, country of issue, and expiry date
- If traveling to the U.S. – the destination address
For Connecting Flights
Customers can check in to any connecting flight booked through Air Canada using self-service kiosks. The only condition is that the transition flight must be a part of the same reservation made for the journey. Customers can mark their availability and receive Air Canada boarding passes as well.
Air Canada Flight Check in Boarding Pass
After checking into their flight, passengers must collect their Air Canada boarding pass to catch their flights. This is an identification document for the passengers to travel on a particular flight.
- They can get their boarding pass from the:
- self-service kiosk at the airport
- or through an official agent.
- If the air ticket is eligible for an Electronic Boarding Pass, they can get it using mobile check-in.
Confirming the check-in deadline for your ticket with the airline authorities in advance is important. It will help in reaching the airport on time and smoothly finishing the procedure.
When to Arrive at the Airport to Check in for an Air Canada Flight?
The arrival time of passengers at the airport to board their scheduled flight depends upon their destination and the time of flight. It varies for flights within Canada (domestic) and international flights.
What are the AirCanada check in times and Boarding gate deadlines?
It is advisable to contact the airline to get bag drop-off details, applicable air canada check in fee, and airport timeline.
Refer to the table below to take a glance at the check in and boarding gate deadlines for domestic and international time –
|Type of Itinerary||Arrival time at the airport||Check in and bag drop-off deadline||Boarding Gate Deadline||Boarding gate closure time|
|Within Canada (Domestic flights)||120 minutes||45 minutes||30 minutes||15 minutes|
|To and from the US||120 minutes |
From Toronto and Montreal – 180 minutes
|To/ from the USA – 60 minutes |
From Toronto – 90 minutes
|To/ from the USA – 30 minutes |
From Toronto – 30 minutes
|Air Canada check in time for international flights (including Caribbean and Mexico locations)||180 minutes From international airports – 240 minutes (4 hours)||60 minutes From Toronto – 90 minutes||45 minutes||30 minutes|
Note – If the passengers fail to reach the airport timely, it can lead to flight ticket cancellation.
What are the Entry Requirements by Air Canada at the Airport?
The fliers of this carrier must meet the entry requirements listed below. Though they differ based on the destination country of the flier, there are some common requirements.
While entering the airport to check in for Air Canada, fliers will need the following:
- A certificate proving full vaccination
- Negative test report of COVID-19 taken 48 hours before the time of departure
- Submission of the entry form
- Face mask
- On-arrival testing (at the airport, if required)
- Quarantine (when needed by the country)
Note: Contact the carrier’s help desk/counter or embassy of the country you want to travel to confirm current laws and confirm ticket counter hours.
How to Check-in to an Air Canada Flight?
Travellers must have access to their travel documents, ticket number, Aeroplan number, and booking reference number to check in for their flight. Refer to the following Air Canada check in online and offline check in methods for accessible flights:
How to request Air Canada web check in?
Travelers can check in online for their flight using the official website. Follow the steps as follows –
- Visit the Air Canada official website.
- Go to the home page. Scroll down to the “Check-in” tab.
- Enter the Aeroplan Number (9-Digit) or the “Booking Reference Number (6 letters/ Numbers)” with the last name of the passenger.
- Alternatively, users can enter their “Ticket Number” or “Air Canada Employee Number”.
- Click on the “Check-in” button as shown on the screen.
- Choose the desirable flight and enter the personal details, travel documents, etc.
- Choose the services like updating health documents, enrolling for a last-minute upgrade, requesting same-day changes, and choosing meals.
- Verify and submit the details. The airline will process the check in request.
- You will receive a digital copy of your boarding pass. You can print the Boarding Pass through the Air Canada check in web or app at home or save it on your phone and use it at the airport.
How to request Air Canada Mobile check in?
Air Canada mobile check in app is open for passengers 24 hours prior to the departure time of their flights. They can use this option by following these steps.
- Open the “Air Canada Self-Serve Mobile Service” web page on your device’s web browser – “mobile.aircanada.com”.
- Select the “Check-in” button.
- Enter the details including the passenger’s full name, city of departure, ticket identification number, and flight details.
- To access the flights, enter the Booking reference, Identification number, or Aeroplan number.
- Choose the passengers traveling on the booking and select the desired options like Air Canada seat selection, luggage, and meals.
- Complete the rest of the Air Canada check in procedure following the on-screen instructions.
- Air Canada will issue the digital boarding pass via email or within the air canada check in app.
- You can either use the digital boarding pass at the eligible airports or print it via the Air canada check in print boarding pass feature to use at the airport.
- Passengers can drop the bag items at the airport with the airport agent upon arrival and head to the security screening.
How to request an Air Canada airport ticket counter check in?
Passengers can reach the airport timely to request a check in Air Canada flight before the estimated flight departure time. It is ideal for passengers with special requests like Air Canada pet travel or special needs. Follow the steps as follows –
- Head to the nearest airport ticket counter and request “Check in” from one of the airport ticket executives.
- Provide the personal details, flight details, and Aeroplan number, ticket reservation number, or the booking reference code.
- Provide details for the individuals within the booking, submit essential travel documents, and the government ID, if applicable.
- You can request special services and other requests like requests for children traveling alone, check in items, etc.
- The airport agent will process the check in request. Once the check in is completed, head to the security area and reach the boarding gate area later.
How to request Air Canada Self-Service Kiosk check in?
Air Canada self-service kiosk check in permits passengers to complete check in via kiosk counters and purchase multiple services required like Air Canada flight change. Follow the given steps –
- Head to the self-service kiosk check in counter and request check in request.
- Enter the flight details, the booking reference code, and passenger details to access the booking reservation.
- On the screen, you may find the visual representation of the seat alignment on the screen, meal options, and type, and more.
- Verify the details and submit them to issue check in.
- The airline will complete the check in request, and provide the air Canada boarding pass check in and the luggage tags.
- Tag the items you are carrying and drop them at the kiosk drop-off counter.
- You can now proceed to the security and customs assessment and reach the boarding area timely.
How to connect with Air Canada over the phone?
To connect with Air Canada over the phone, passengers can follow the steps given below –
- Head to the official website. In the main menu, you will find the option – Customer Support.
- After you scroll down, you will find dedicated passenger support contact details for passengers flying via Air Canada and Aeroplan.
- For flight info and reservations-related queries, contact Air Canada passengers – at 1-888-247-2262, and Aeroplan – at 1-800-361-5373.
- You can also click on “other numbers” within the flight info and reservation contact details and refer to other countries.
- The contact details for other countries are given below –
|United Kingdom||00 800 669 92222|
|Australia||0011 800 6699 2222|
|France||00 800 669 92222|
|Germany||00 800 669 92222|
|New Zealand||00 800 6699 2222|
Note – Connect with the airline for contact details of other locations.
Can I contact Air Canada via social media for concerns like Check in?
Air Canada social media portals ensure connectivity and accessibility to avail the services offered by the airline or address queries and doubts like Air Canada flight cancellation by getting in touch with the staff members directly via a direct message or checking out Air Canada YouTube channel for tips.
Take a look at the following social media portals to raise a query or share feedback –
|Social Media Portals||Profile Link/ URL|
Air Canada’s dedication to cultivating a fun and friendly travel environment for passengers is showcased by its facilities, check in methods, boarding options, and easy accessibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can check in at the Air Canada airport by providing the booking reference number, the ticket code, and the passenger details.
Make sure to be at the airport 3 hours before the flight time to complete check in.
Yes, check in online Air Canada is available unless they have special requests or require medical assistance.
Online check in offers passengers to check in via the website or mobile app using a booking reference number, confirmation code, and last name.
You can check in 24 hours before departure as air canada check in online time or mobile check in, or 12 hours before for kiosk check in.
You can check in 24 hours before the stipulated flight time for website check in and mobile check in.
Head to the official website, provide the booking reference number, and passenger’s last name, complete check in, and obtain the air canada check in online boarding pass.
Passengers with pets, minors traveling alone, and those with special needs and requiring staff assistance.
It is not mandatory to print the boarding passes in the majority of airports. Contact the respective airport for its check in requirements.
Complete check in requirements via the web, mobile app, self-service kiosks, or airport counter, and the boarding link is issued or it is sent via email.
On the app, enter the booking reference number and the passenger name, and complete the on-screen instructions to get the boarding pass over the email.
Some destination airports may require covid testing before flight boarding. Contact the airports for such details.
The check in window for Toronto- Pearson opens at 4:15 am.