The Southwest Airlines baggage policy was created to notify customers. Passengers from all over the world fly on Southwest Carriers, which is regarded as one of the low-cost airlines.
The luggage policy has been established to make sure that neither the travelers nor the airline encounter any uncomfortable circumstances. The objects that are permitted or prohibited onboard are also described in these guidelines.
The acceptable luggage weight is also specified in the regulation. Every traveler is required to adhere to the regulations governing the Southwest baggage weight restriction.
Southwest’s airline business is known for its reasonable prices, aggressive travel promotions, substantial carry-on baggage allowances, and liberal southwest checked baggage policy.
- The airline permits passengers to bring a carry-on and a bag designated as a “separate item” into the seat of the flight.
- Additionally, they offer you 2 extra checked bags as long as they adhere to Southwest Airlines’ rules on checked baggage.
Therefore, you must be aware of the specifics of Southwest Airlines’ item bag, carry-on size, and checked luggage restrictions, particularly concerning widths limit, to prevent some last trouble in the international terminal.
Southwest Checked Baggage allowance – For information on associated Southwest check in baggage, follow the guideline below.
- The bag shouldn’t weigh more than 50 pounds
- Or measure more than 62 inches.
- Any additional baggage will cost 75 USD per article. Bag.
- Any oversized baggage that exceeds 80 inches would cost 75 USD.
- Any overweight baggage that exceeds 100 pounds would cost 75 USD.
- Travelers on active service are entitled to complimentary military luggage.
Some travelers who fly with Southwest Airlines might wish to bring extra luggage. For bags that exceed the permitted limits for dimension, weight, and number, the airline has established a stringent Southwest Airlines baggage policy.
- Extra baggage is only allowed to weigh up to 50 lbs., or 23 kg, each.
- Southwest Airlines does not allow bags that are overweight up to 100 lbs.
- During your journey, you won’t be able to check any more free baggage. In this situation, additional costs following Southwest Airlines baggage fees would be assessed.
|Term and Condition||Fees Apply|
|Flying with additional luggage||USD 75|
|Baggage with ten or even more bags||USD 110|
|Over 50 lbs. of baggage weight||USD 75|
|A bag that is larger than 62 inches||USD 75|
As per Southwest carry-on baggage policy, the following conditions will apply.
- Southwest carry-on baggage size must be within 10 x 16 x 24 inches in size. For a US airline, it must not exceed 9 x 14 x 22 inches.
- Southwest Airlines allows customers to bring carry-on bags with a size of 57 liters.
- All carry-on baggage is not subject to any weight restrictions from the airline.
Try to keep the weight of your carry-on luggage to what you can easily lift and carry, though, for simpler and more seamless travel, as per Southwest Airlines baggage policy.
- A car seat
- Medical equipment is a chargeable inclusion for travelers with impairments to their carry-on baggage.
- Devices for increasing mobility, including walkers, canes, crutches, and motorized wheelchairs
- CPAP equipment
- Breast Pumps
- various auxiliary aids
The other items include –
- Additional outerwear, such as caps, coats, and jackets.
- Umbrellas or walking canes
- Aliments for use during flying
- Your carry-on must be small enough to fit in the aircraft’s overhead bin.
- Carry-on bags will be sized by airline employees and flight attendants. You’ll need to verify it with the rest of your baggage if the carry-on or personal object is larger than the permitted size.
- Carry-on luggage or personal things are both recognized to be pet carriers.
- There is a per-flight pet container fee that might occasionally fluctuate. The most recent pet baggage charge should be obtained from Southwest.
- If passengers adhere to TSA regulations, fluids, gel, pharmaceuticals, and other substances are allowed within a carry-on.
- You may carry fluids, perfumes, gel, lotions, and pastes, but each must fit in a trip container that is no larger than 3.4 pounds (100 ml)
- One transparent, resealable quart-sized backpack must hold all containers.
- There can only be one quart-sized baggage per traveler.
- The carry-on fluid restrictions do not apply to medications or kid foods. Simple Ziplock bags in the quart size are acceptable.
When traveling with kids, you’re allowed to check one stroller and one car seat per kid. In addition –
- Along with your free check allotment, this is provided at no cost. Both of these things may be checked in at the curb, the ticket window, or the gate.
- Children traveling with a paid ticket are only allowed to bring one carry-on bag and one personal item.
- As a carry-on, a diaper bag is acceptable.
- You may bring a car seat and a baby carriage at no additional cost.
For certain travelers, the Southwest Airline baggage policy for pets is quite significant. Pets may be brought along by travelers. Therefore, guidelines for carrying them read the Southwest Airlines Pet Policy for more details.
When traveling with Southwest, athletes and sports people who are going to distant competitions, games, etc. may want to bring equipment. Artists and musicians may experience the same thing. According to Southwest baggage regulations, travelers may only transport a limited amount of gear, such as:
|Archery supply||Equipment for baseball|
|Skateboard||Ice hockey pucks|
|Snow and water skiing gear||Bowling sling|
|Fishing equipment box||Pedal-free bicycles|
Note: These sporting goods must be transported while considering the Southwest Airlines carry-on size.
For objects that are not allowed on flights, Southwest Airlines has established a specific set of rules
The following things are all forbidden by Southwest Airlines baggage allowance policy:
- A lithium battery
- A few electrical devices
- Electrified lighters
- Cutlery pointed things
- Vape cigars and electronic cigarette gadgets
- Explosive plastic
Sometimes travelers forget their bags onboard aircraft, whether they are traveling great distances or minor distances. In its luggage policy, Southwest Airlines has established standards for lost-and-found services. These recommendations can help clients locate any goods lost during their journeys.
- Passengers who pay certain extra fees may use this missing and found facility.
- You must get in touch with the airline to report your missing item if you want to make a claim.
- By getting in touch with Southwest Airlines, the customer care representatives or the flight attendants will advise you on the best course of action.
- You must include accurate and complete details on:
- The location of your seat
- The characteristics of your bag
- You may receive daily updates on the whereabouts of your baggage by emailing the airline. If not, Southwest Airlines will use your cellphone number to get in touch with you once the object has been located.
In essence, it is useful to know the guidelines of the Southwest baggage policy. Whether you fly with checked items or carry-ons, these terms will help you understand the do’s and don’ts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Each passenger is permitted 2 complimentary checked bags.
No, Southwest airlines are allowed only one carry-on bag and one personal item.
Southwest allows only 2 checked bags, one carry-on bag, and one personal item.
Southwest Airlines Baggage Policy permits two checked baggage for free, regardless of the fare type. In addition, passengers are allowed to carry one hand luggage and 1 personal item.
When it comes to carry-on baggage size, Southwest is rather restrictive. Each passenger is permitted to bring one personal item and one carry-on bag, according to the airline.
On most flights and airplanes, you are often permitted to bring a backpack or small personal bag as carry-on luggage.