The Southwest Manage Booking tab allows you to manage your reservation hassle-free. You can request services like check-in, seat selection, add baggage, upgrade flight tickets, and more.
This page will cover every function offered under the Manage Booking tab, how to use those features, and more.
Services Offered Under Southwest Manage Booking Tab
After purchasing the ticket on southwest.com, you can manage your reservation, change flights, add seats, buy extra baggage, and do a lot more.
You must fill out the following information to access the Southwest manage trip section:
- PNR confirmation number in six digits
- Passenger’s last name.
You can perform the following tasks using the Southwest manage flight tab –
View/Share your itinerary
Southwest Manage Booking tab allows you to view or share your itinerary on your email. This way, you can also print your itinerary –
- Visit the Southwest Airlines website and select Manage Booking tab.
- Fill in the booking details to access your flight reservation.
- To access it, scroll down to “My Flight History.” A list of your past and upcoming travels can be found in this section.
- Select the flight for which you want to print the itinerary from this list of flights.
- Once the flight itinerary has been presented, you have the option of printing it.
A flight change with Southwest Airlines is a relatively easy and hassle-free process.
The greatest thing is that there won’t be a fee thanks to Southwest’s no-penalty change policy! The sole prerequisite is that you must notify the original departure time of the alteration at least 10 minutes in advance.
If you made your current flight reservation online, use the same steps to modify it. If you made the current flight reservation over the phone, Southwest must be contacted to make changes. To make changes, navigate to the Southwest manage reservation tab and follow these steps –
- Visit the Airlines website and access your flight through Southwest Airlines Manage Booking link.
- Type in your confirmation number, and first and last names.
- Choose the flights you want to alter.
- Enter the new dates or places that you require, then click “Select New Flights.”
- Review your choices and choose a new flight.
- Click “Continue” after carefully examining your modifications.
- Pay the required change fee and fare difference.
- A confirmation and updated flight details should be included in your email.
Southwest Airlines makes it simple to cancel a reservation that has already been made. To begin the cancellation procedure, navigate to the Manage Booking tab. You will be advised of your choices for a refund when the flight is canceled.
Online Cancellation – Follow these steps to cancel the Southwest flight booking through the Manage Reservation tab.
- Log in to the Southwest Airlines website.
- Access the Manage Booking tab.
- Type in your confirmation number, first and last name, and email address.
- Select the flight that needs to be voided.
- Click “Cancel Reservation” next to the flight segment.
- Check the column labeled “Travel Funds” at the bottom.
- Claim the refund and the confirmation email would be sent to the passengers registered address.
Upgrade To Business Select
Southwest Airlines Manage Reservation tab offers the option to upgrade your standard economy class seat to a business class seat for this reason.
The steps for upgrading to business select on Southwest Airlines
- Access the Southwest Airlines website by logging in, and navigating to the Manage Booking section.
- Select the flight that needs to be upgraded.
- Select the “Business Select” tab.
- Update your seat and adhere to any additional on-screen instructions.
Add Extra Baggage
Passengers can purchase extra baggage through the Southwest Airlines Manage Reservation tab. You can select the additional baggage allowance at the time of check-in.
Through Manage Booking, passengers can pre-book the baggage allowance and save up to 40% of the baggage charges paid at the airport.
Read the Southwest Airlines baggage policy for more details.
Traveling with pets
Southwest Manage Booking tab allows passengers to add the pet to their existing travel. In addition –
- Passengers can take their pets on board or travel with service animals. To know more refer to the Southwest airlines pet policy page.
- Passengers can select checked baggage at the time of check-in.
- Please note passengers can add baggage up to 3 hours before scheduled departure.
Check flight status
It’s challenging to remember where your tickets are when your flight is, and how your reservations are doing. especially if you’re rushing. However, it is quick and simple to check the status of your flight. It greatly facilitates your journey.
The actions below must be followed to check the status of your flight.
- Go to Southwest Airlines’ official website.
- Then, at the bottom of the screen, is the Manage My Flight option.
- When you scroll down to the already-booked flight, you will notice the option to check the status of the aircraft; choose it.
- When you wish to take the flight and pick the date, you must also specify the destination.
- Presently, you must input the arrival and departure dates, the ticket number, and the PNR reservation reference code.
You must click the proceed button and the search option after doing all of this to learn more about the status of your flight.
Inclusive of different kinds of modifications, managing bookings on Southwest facilitates flexibility. Thus, beyond the point of booking tickets, you can manage them as you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fares are dynamic in nature and tend to cost you on a higher side if booked last-minute at the airport. It is always cheaper to plan and book your flights in advance at least 4-6 weeks before scheduled departure.
A low-cost airline is Southwest Airlines. You can typically locate reasonably inexpensive flights with it. Even so, some tourists might desire to get the best costs or offers.
You are free to alter your flight as many as you wish, but the additional cost will apply.
Through the Manage Booking tab, passengers can complete the online check-in between 24 hours and 3 hours before scheduled departure.
Use Southwest’s website to seek your confirmation number if you don’t have it. To access your trip schedule, go to the Southwest Airlines website (southwest.com). To manage your journey, check-in online, or modify your bookings, click the link on the Southwest website’s main page.
You can check in the fastest way online 24 hours before a flight. Additionally, a boarding permit can be printed at this time.
Yes, The reservation can be canceled, and refunds are available. However, one needs to be well-versed in the Southwest cancellation policy to fully understand it.
No, Southwest airlines will not charge any cancellation fees.
Yes, you can get a full refund provided that the cancellation must be requested up to 60 minutes before departure. Cancellation requests can be made through the Manage Booking section.