Volaris airlines ensure that passengers can apply for a flight change in date or time without any inconvenience. They should have knowledge of Volaris change flight policy in advance to be prepared for the process.
Here is an exquisite guide to the change flight policy to assist the passengers to make the necessary decisions.
What Are the Terms and Conditions of the Volaris Flight Change Policy?
If you wish to request the Volaris change flight policy, here are the terms and conditions that you must abide by-
- Volaris allows flight changes up to 4 hours before departure.
- You cannot alter the country of origin of your flights when changing their route.
- Flight changes are not allowed if you haven’t paid fully for your ticket, have already checked in, or the boarding pass has been issued.
- Both refundable and non-refundable ticket holders must abide by this guideline.
- It permits people to change their flights for free within 24 hours i.e the risk-free period after making their reservation.
- The ‘Flexible Combo service eliminates any additional charges and ticket differences for unlimited adjustments.
- There is a penalty including the Volaris flight change fee and fare differences if you change the ticket after the risk-free period.
- Changes to the ticket made via the website are applied to all the passengers under the reservation.
- Promo tickets are not covered under the Volaris flight change policy and are not allowed to change.
- No Volaris flight change fee is levied on the traveler if the flight change request is made for emergency reasons at the discretion of the airline.
- If you fail to board or request a change within the time frame depicted on the ticket, the entire booking amount would be forfeited.
- Passengers are not allowed to make changes after completing the Volaris flight check-in.
Guidelines for Round-Trip Flights
The guidelines are as follows-
- You can only alter the time and date of your return trip after your outgoing flight has already taken off.
- Make the necessary modifications to the other flight if you want to modify the origin or destination of one of your flights.
Guidelines for Central America
The passengers can apply for a flight change if-
- The country of origin in the reservation is the same as booked.
- Fare differences and route differences may apply.
Guidelines for flights with origin in the United States and Central America
The Volaris Flight change policy allows free flight changes in date and time under the following circumstances-
- If the ticket was purchased 7 days or more before the flight’s planned departure time.
- Flight adjustments require payment of the appropriate ticket difference.
- According to the rules set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation, passengers must be given alternate transit options or compensation (DOT).
What Is the Volaris Flight Change Same-Day Policy?
Volaris change flight offers a same-day flight change service for customers/passengers, allowing them to make changes and amendments to their reservations on the original travel date. In addition to that-
- Same-day flight change service is not available on Volaris long-haul flights.
- The passengers can make the required flight changes up to 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
- Make sure to request the required flight change before you receive the boarding pass.
- The changes are only applicable on fully-paid tickets.
- The same-day changes are subject to availability and the passengers may have to pay the fare differences for the date, destination, and time changes.
What Is the Volaris Flight Change 24-Hour Policy?
The first 24 hours are a grace period on Volaris Airlines. Volaris flight change policy airline assists the passengers to make the required flight changes. Also-
- The travelers need not pay the flight change fee within 24 hours of booking the reservation.
- The passengers can also cancel the ticket within the first 24 hours without any charges.
- This option is only available if the scheduled flight date is booked at least 7 days in advance.
- The traveler must resolve any fare differences and route differences, if applicable.
- Passengers can also request Volaris flight cancellation for free within 24 hours of purchase.
How to change the flight under Volaris Flight Change Policy?
Flight changes can be made via the Volaris Contact Center, website, Volaris Mobile app, or at the airport counters. Some of the methods are discussed below-
Option 1: Flight Change Through Website
One of the easiest ways to make the desired Volaris change flight online via the official Volaris website. Follow the given steps to request the flight change with the airlines-
- Navigate the Website and find the “My trips” section on the website.
- Enter the “Reservation code” and the “last name” of the passenger to access the complete reservation details.
- Choose the flight you wish to make the required flight changes.
- Choose the new time, destination, and date.
- The airline will display new itinerary choices for the passengers.
- The passengers can choose the new flights and also choose the additional services if required.
- Once the new flight is chosen, complete the flight change request by paying the required flight change fee and the fare differences, if applicable.
Option 2: Mobile Application
The passengers can also connect with the airline via the Volaris mobile application. You can download the app on your phone or tablet and make changes via Volaris manage booking section
- Head to the app and sign in or register on the portal.
- Click on the “My trips” section and choose the desired flight/ trip you wish to change.
- Once you choose the flight, you can apply for a date, origin, and destination change in your flight.
- The airline will showcase the available options to replace the existing flight.
- The passengers can choose the best-suited option at the applicable flight change fee.
- Make sure that the additional fare like the service charges, app handling costs, and the new trip fare differences may apply.
Option 3: Flight change requests are over the phone
Volaris airlines customer service is available if the passengers wish to make a flight change request in the routes over the phone. You can also choose the “Write to us” option but the maximum response time is 48 minutes.
You can contact the Volaris change flight phone number at the contact numbers given below-
|The United States||+11 855 VOLARIS (8652747)|
|Mexico||+52 (55) 1102 8000|
|Guatemala||+502 2301 3939|
|Costa Rica||+506 4002 7462|
|TTY||+1 (855) 425-2002|
|Honduras||+504 2202 7900|
|Columbia||+57 60 1744 3272|
|El Salvador||+503 2504 5540|
Option 4: Live Chat
Volaris airlines live chat support is available via WhatsApp and Facebook. The passengers can connect with the chatbot for queries like flight status, flight check-in, help with flight change, and recovery for reservation codes.
Here is how you can connect with Chatbot Vale for your queries-
- Head to the official website and navigate through the website to visit the “Contact us”.
- Choose the desired option- Either Facebook or Whatsapp.
- Once you connect with the chat, you can request a “Flight change”.
- The chatbot is available immediately for assistance.
- The human agent is also available on the live chat, but the maximum allotted waiting time is an hour.
- The chatbot will present the required options to make the required changes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Make the desired flight changes.
- Pay the flight change fee and the applicable fare differences to complete the request.
Option 5: Social Media
Social media is a great way to directly interact with the Volaris airlines staff members. The travelers can connect with the members to find the appropriate solutions to their queries or share valuable feedback on their journey.
Here are the social media platforms where Volaris airlines are active on:
|Social Media Platform||Links|
How Much Does It Cost to Change a Flight With Volaris Airlines?
The passengers can apply for a flight change with Volaris Airlines for a Volaris Flight change fee. The overall flight change fee differs based on the travel route, destination, and date chosen by the traveler.
Here is the cost to change a flight with Volaris airlines for national and International Routes-
|Conditions||National Routes||International routes MEX-USA, MEX-CAM, USA-CAM, MEX-SAM, USA-SAM||International routes IntraCAM, SAM-CAM|
|Itinerary change (More than 15 days before flight departure time plus fare difference)||47 USD||85 USD||85 USD|
|Itinerary change (Less than 15 days before flight departure time plus fare difference)||61 USD||110 USD||110 USD|
Note: The passengers must contact the airlines or check the website to stay updated with the Volaris change flight fee.
What Is the Volaris Flight Change Policy Under Flight Disruptions?
In case of flight delays, the Volaris Flight change policy ensures that the passengers receive the required compensation to offer grievance redressals for their troubles.
Compensation- You are eligible for a discount or voucher in the following circumstances-
|For Delays more than an hour and less than 2 hours||Passengers will receive an e-Voucher for 3 USD.|
|For delays of more than 2 (two) hours and less than 4 (four)||Passengers can receive an e-Voucher for 14 USD, provided 7.5% of the ticket price is met, ORThe affected passenger will be granted an e-Voucher for 7.5% of the ticket price if the ticket price is greater than 14 USD.|
|Delays more than 4 hours||Refund of ticket price or part of flight segment not flown.|
Volaris Airlines provide great services for passengers looking to apply for a flight change. The flight change policy is easy to understand. The airline also catered to the specific requirements of the passengers and allowed flight changes during emergency circumstances as well. You can contact the airline if you have any queries or need help with flight changes or other policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can make the desired flight changes for domestic and international flights with Volaris airlines.
You can apply for a change flight date Volaris via the website, over the phone, or through the mobile app.
The flight change fee on the airlines costs between 47 USD to 110 USD for national and international routes.
Choose “Manage my booking” on the website, enter the reservation code, choose the flight, make the required changes, and pay the fee to complete the request.
No, the passengers are not liable for a refund or compensation if they change the flight booking.
The passengers receive compensation of up to 7.5% of the ticket value or the full value of the ticket for the delay or cancellation by the airline.
Yes, the passengers can receive a free flight change if they apply for a flight change within 24 hours of booking the reservation.
No, once the boarding pass is issued or the check-in is completed, no change is permitted.
The passengers can apply for a flight change up to 4 hours before the final departure of the flight.