Several customers choose this Mexican national carrier to let their kids travel alone. The Aeromexico unaccompanied minor policy makes it possible for children to fly alone with all the support and assistance. This feature helps make the reservation and takes care of all the needs until the destination.
What are the Guidelines of the Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
To keep such underage guests safe, the unaccompanied minor service plays an important role.
- You can get the following service when you pay for this one:
- Help with tickets
- Permission of the company till the boarding gate (with a gate pass)
- Coordination assistance from flight attendants
- Delivering the child to their destination
- The most reliable way to book the unaccompanied minor service is:
- Calling the airline agent
- Reaching out to the carrier’s airport office
- Via the travel store
- For the purpose of document verification, Aeromexico airport check-in is available for such guests.
- Parents/guardians must reach the airport 3/three hours before the departure time.
- Whenever possible, priority boarding is given to children traveling alone.
- The agent will accompany the child as they:
- Pass through security
- Into the boarding area
- At the airport, the agent will help the minor with:
- Deliver the child to the gate agent
- The representative at the destination airport will assist in completing formalities.
- At the destination, the minor is placed in the designated person’s custody.
- Kids may not be allowed to fly with pets. Connect with the airline for confirmation.
How Much are Aeromexico Unaccompanied Minor Service Fees?
The customer must pay an Aeromexico unaccompanied minor fee to obtain the service for.
- The charge varies with the:
- Or, the destination of the flight.
- Moreover, these fees may have taxes included.
Although it is best to check the official website for the latest update on price, you can get an estimate of the service cost from the following table:
|Flight Route/Destination||Price||Applied Rules|
|Flights to Mexico||$700 MXN||Include taxes|
|Routes To and From the USA||$150 USD||For flights up to 24 hours, The maximum limit is 4/four kids on the same reservation including taxes|
|International Destination||$155 USD/EUR/GBP||For flights up to 24 hours For each kid irrespective that they are on the same reservation with other minorsIncludes taxes|
What are the Required Documents for Young Guests Traveling Alone?
It becomes really important to have all the necessary paperwork in place to avoid any complications at the airport. Otherwise, the flight cancellation policy calls for the revocation of the ticket.
The parent or guardian of the unaccompanied child must present 3/three copies of each of the documents, as stated by the Aeromexico minor policy. They have to be presented at the ticket counter.
- Unaccompanied Minor Form (UMNR)
- Parents can collect this from the airline representative at the counter.
- The customer should fill out the entire form carefully, in a readable format.
Note: To avoid negative consequences aeromexico name correction must be diligently performed.
- The parent or legal guardian identification documents such as:
- Passport, or
- Government-issued ID
- Minor Exit Form (SAM):
- The document is issued by the National Immigration Institute (INM).
- It is available free of cost.
- This has the authorization of the adults accompanying the underage traveler.
- It is available on:
- The official website of INM
- At the immigration office of the origin airport
- In place of the Minor Exit Form, you may submit a notarized document including:
- Authorization of the departure of the kid
- Specification of the mode of transport
- Date of travel
- When issued abroad, it must be translated to Spanish and then apostilled
A flight may be domestic or international. Nevertheless, all the documents and the Aeromexico unaccompanied minor form must be submitted at the airport counter. 3/three hours before the flight departs, they should be presented.
Kids Room Service
Aeromexico Airlines offers a specific area for unaccompanied minors to wait for their trip, where they will be given individualized care.
How to Buy Unaccompanied Minor Service on Aeromexico?
Parents or legal guardians must purchase the unaccompanied minor service at the airport’s ticket counter or by speaking with the on-call airline agent.
Method 1: Call the Airline Agent
Customers all across the globe have the option to call the carrier’s representative to book all services. They can manage aeromexico booking and purchase such special features for their young ones.
The customer can choose the relevant phone number for booking the unaccompanied minors Aeromexico service:
|Country/Region||Call Number||Country/Region||Call Number|
|Mexico||(55) 5133 4000||El Salvador||800 61 05|
|United States||1-800-237-6639||Spain||900 995 282|
|Argentina||0 800 888 2276||Europe||0800 9775 533|
|Brazil||0800 891 7512||French||0 800 916 754|
|Canada||1 800 237- 6639||Great Britain||0800 9775 533|
|Chile||800 392 674||Guatemala||1 800 835 0269|
|Colombia||01 800 952 0533||Honduras||800 2791 9025|
|Costa Rica||0 800 052 1447||Netherlands||0 800 0224 008|
|Ecuador||1 800 000 227||Nicaragua||001 800 22 60 294|
|Peru||0 800 767 50||Panama||800 052 1373|
|Dominican Republic||1 888 760 0141||Japan||(81) 3 5293 5945|
|South Korea||82 2 754 6336||Chinese||86 32 6247 6281|
|Republic of Ireland||1800 855 474|
Method 2: Go to Aeromexico Regional Office
To help its customers, the air carrier maintains a number of offices in various locations. So, you have the choice of going to the airport and making your reservations for unaccompanied minors on Aeromexico.
With the assistance of the airline’s agent, you can purchase the service and complete the necessary paperwork. Seat selection on aeromexico may also be available here to choose the appropriate assignment.
Adhere to the instructions below to find the address of the nearest airline office:
- Visit the website and head to the end of the main page.
- Look for “Customer Service”.
- Click on the first option and the user will be redirected to a new page.
- The fresh page will display multiple contact options including “Ticket Offices”.
- Click on the option and you will have a directory of all regional offices.
- Select the region and country to get the exact address.
Baggage allowance for minors may vary. While reserving the service, you may contact the carrier to know about it.
Method 3: Connect With the Travel Agency
The Aeromexico minor policy advises customers who make reservations through third parties to get in touch with their travel agency to book the service. You must let the agent know about the fact that the kid is to fly solo.
Method 4: Resolve Queries on Aerobot
Users have the option to chat with the operator and get more information about the service. This feature is offered with the help of Aerobot, the chatbot for the airline. Ask your concerns regarding the Aeromexico unaccompanied minor policy and other requisites.
- Navigate to the airline website and scroll to the end of the home page.
- Locate the “Customer Service” option and click on it.
- The user will be redirected to a fresh page with several options to contact the carrier.
- Look for the “Facebook Messenger Chatbot” box.
- Hit on the given link to connect with the chatbot.
Method 5: Reach Out to Social Networking Sites
An excellent alternative to connecting with the operator is a social networking site. These social networking sites feature the airline’s official handles. Customers may contact the carrier to make purchases for the unaccompanied minor facility.
- Visit the relevant networking platform to get any questions or doubts answered.
- Make a post with a thorough explanation of your issue.
- Include your relevant contact information for further use.
- Tag the operator with its official handle.
- To assist you further, the carrier’s team might get in touch with you shortly.
The links to all the relevant social media platforms are as follows:
|Social Media Platform||Link|
What is the Availability of the Unaccompanied Minor Service?
This policy has an age cutoff to determine the eligibility of the young passenger to get the service.
|Ages 0 to 4||Not eligible for the service|
|Ages 5 to 14||The service is mandatory.|
|Age 15:||Service is given when the kid is 15 years old at the time of the ticket issue.|
What are the Guidelines for Parents/Legal Guardians?
It is very important for the parents or guardians of young passengers to be mindful of the regulation.
- Reach the airport 3 hours before international and domestic flights depart.
- Parents must fill up the Aeromexico unaccompanied minor form carefully.
- They are instructed to be at the departure airport until informed about the departure.
- Adults are recommended to wait 15 minutes after departure.
- This is a preventive regulation to manage aeromexico flight changes/delays/disruptions.
- The parent or anyone accompanying or receiving the minor is supposed to have:
- Voting credential or
What are the Guidelines for Flights Departing from the U.S.?
When using this service in the United States, parents and legal guardians are required to show up 3/three hours before the flight to drop off or pick up the child.
- The accompanying or receiving parent/guardian must get a boarding pass or gate pass to escort the kid to the boarding gate.
- They must be aware of the security screening after check-in and assist to complete the process soon.
With the Aeromexico unaccompanied minor policy, you can be sure that your child is offered the best service. You can let your kid fly solo without much concern. It highlights the details and required documents for easy purchase, approval, and flying.
Frequently Asked Questions
This service is an assistance feature of the carrier to provide support and safeguard young travelers flying alone.
The minimum age of the child must be 5 years to qualify to travel solo.
It will cost you $700 MXN to purchase the service for domestic flights (Mexico).
There are several restrictions that are available on the official website of the operator.
Passengers can buy/book this unaccompanied minor service by calling an airline agent at the travel shop of the carrier.
The cost for this service for kids flying alone is $155 USD. It varies with the destination.
The consent letter enables parents to approve of their kids flying alone.
For identification purposes, both the parent and the child must carry their passports.
You must visit the official website for the latest updates on mask requirements on board.
Parents/guardians can get the unaccompanied minor form from the carrier agent at the ticket counter.