Multiple boarding groups, different airport facilities and different check-in times make the check-in process more overwhelming than welcoming. Lufthansa Airline helps with its detailed check-in guidelines that cover every little detail a passenger might need.
It is ideal to request a Lufthansa check-in time within 24 hours. Get ready for your next flight by checking out the Lufthansa check-in time details below.
What are my Check in options for Lufthansa?
Lufthansa offers a wide array of check-in options for passengers to diversify the Lufthansa flight check in process and ensure a hassle-free event. The major options are discussed below –
What is Lufthansa Online Check In?
Online check-in fosters passengers to experience check in at the comfort of their homes and offices. Consider the following guidelines before choosing a Lufthansa check in online-
- Check-in begins 23 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- You can select your seats and download or print the boarding pass on your cell phone.
Eligibility for Online Check in – It is available under the following conditions –
- Lufthansa passengers worldwide
- LOT for flights from Munich and Frankfurt
- Croatia Airlines for flights departing from Germany
- SAS for flights departing from Munich and Frankfurt
- All Austrian flights between Austria and Germany
Online check and Mobile check in are not available for- The exceptions to Lufthansa web check in and mobile check in include –
- It is not available for airlines not specified by Lufthansa under the Eligibility section i.e. Codeshare flights.
- It is not available for flights booked under the Lufthansa flight number but operated by another airline.
- For Eurowings-operated flights, passengers can use the ticket confirmation number or Eurowings booking code to access check in.
- check in Lufthansa online is also not applicable if the passengers depart from the given locations –
NOTE – Only direct Lufthansa operated flights are permitted these check in options.
What is Lufthansa Mobile Check in?
Lufthansa online check in app elevates the check in and boarding process by using a tablet or smartphone. Add to that –
- You can check in via mobile app 23 hours before the scheduled flight departure time.
- You have access to additional facilities like reserving seats, choosing meal preferences, and downloading boarding passes.
- Mobile boarding pass is issued after completion of online or mobile check-in.
- The boarding pass is sent in the boarding pass file by sms link or email on your smartphone once you get the “You are checked in” confirmation.
- The boarding pass is applicable in the majority of the Lufthansa airline locations like Lufthansa flight web check in.
- In exceptional cases arising due to security regulations, the boarding pass may not be issued and will be allotted at the airport ticket counter.
- Passengers can manage mobile boarding passes via the Lufthansa app, iOS wallet, or Google Pay for convenience and complete within Lufthansa online check in time.
What is Lufthansa Automated Check in?
Automated check in saves time and ensures there is no hassle to follow the check in time for Lufthansa flights. The automated check in instantly checks in the passengers 23 hours before the scheduled flight time via text or email.
Here is how you can enjoy automated check in as Travel ID Profile Users and Miles and More members –
- Automated check in is automatically activated for flights within the Schengen Area and those booked up to 24 hours before the flight departure.
- The Lufthansa boarding pass check in is sent to the email address or the mobile phone number 23 hours before flight departure.
- When you enter the correct and updated email address and mobile number to receive the Lufthansa online check in boarding pass, it is updated timely with the passenger receipt in the profile.
- The self-facilities like seat changes, e-Journals, home-printed luggage tags, add frequent fliers including a travel companion, and Lufthansa flight cancellations are still available for passengers.
- Passengers can disable automated check in in the passenger profile anytime.
- For flights operating outside the Schengen area, automated check in is not available. Thus, the passengers must opt for other methods.
Another way to issue Lufthansa Automated check in – Passengers without Travel ID Profile use or the Miles and More members must opt for the following –
- Register for Automated check in via the link available in the booking confirmation.
- Automated check in is applicable for only confirmed bookings and booked flights.
- You will receive the boarding pass via email or text to the registered email address or phone number.
NOTE – Head to the official website to have a glance over the guidelines and steps to set up Travel ID Profile and/ or register with Miles & More.
What is Lufthansa Late Night Check in?
Late Night Check in is Lufthansa early check in feature and is catered to travelers with children, passengers with tons of bags, and tour groups. It allows passengers to have a relaxed boarding on the day of the flight.
Here are the important guidelines associated with Late night check in –
- It is available on flights operated by Lufthansa and its regional partners.
- The luggage and other prerequisites must be fulfilled up to 23 hours before the final flight departure.
- Check in your items at the self-service drop kiosk and request Lufthansa seat selection.
- For Economy fare type – Passengers can request late night check in at the check in counter only in exceptional circumstances.
- Passengers who request Lufthansa pet policy cannot avail late night check in.
NOTE – Service animals/ Pets can only be checked in on the day of flight departure.
Late Night Check in to Canada, Mexico, and USA
Late night check in is available for direct and connecting flights. Add to that –
- Late night check in is not applicable for Air Canada flights between Munich and Frankfurt.
- Exception – For trans-Atlantic flights operated by US airlines and connecting to the USA, late-night check in is available.
- Due to security reasons, passengers departing from North America including Mexico, Canada, and the USA cannot request late night check in.
Late Night Check in By Groups
The tour guide is responsible to conduct late-night check-in for tour groups. Note that –
- Identity proof for a tour guide is compulsory with an official photo ID.
- For small groups like families, acquaintances traveling together, and couples, an individual is responsible to carry all relevant travel documents.
Exceptions – Late night check in is not available in the following airports –
- Wester land Sylt
- Leipzig Halle
- Paderborn Lippstadt
What are the check-in deadlines at Lufthansa?
Lufthansa check in time varies depending on the departure airport, type of ticket, and destination. Add to that –
- Check in deadlines guarantee that the airline will leave on time.
- Complete check-in, obtain the boarding pass, and complete other services.
- It is recommended to reach the airport as per the given deadlines –
- 60 minutes before departure for flights within Europe.
- 90 minutes before departure for intercontinental flights.
Take a look at the Check Deadlines for the airports and the locations including domestic and Lufthansa check in time for international flights-
|Country||Airport||Economy/ Premium Economy||Business Class/ First Class|
|Albania||Airport Tirana – Mother Teresa Apt. Rinas|
|Belgium||Airport Brussels||40 minutes||40 minutes|
|Brazil||Rio de Janeiro International Airport|
São Paulo – Guarulhos International
|The Dominican Republic||La Romana|
|Saudi Arabia||Jeddah – King AbdulAziz International Airport|
Riyadh – King Khaled International Airport
|United Arab Emirates||Dubai Airport||60 minutes||60 minutes|
|United Kingdom||Birmingham Airport|
|USA||Boston – Logan International Airport|
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
How to request check in with Lufthansa Airlines?
Passengers can refer to multiple online and offline methods for check in and avail of other facilities like Lufthansa baggage policy, check in via the website or mobile, etc.
Here are the popular check in methods offered by Lufthansa Airlines –
How to request Online check-in with Lufthansa Airlines?
To complete the web check in Lufthansa, you can follow these steps:
- Head to the official website of Lufthansa airline.
- Select the “Check-In” option on the home page for check in online Lufthansa.
- Enter the “booking code or 13-digit ticket number”. Enter the first and last names of the passengers.
- Click “Check in” and Choose the flight you want to check in for and the number of passengers.
- Provide any required information, such as passport or ID details.
- Select your sitting space and any additional services, such as bags or meal options
- Review and confirm your check-in details.
- Request Lufthansa online check in print boarding pass feature or save it to your mobile device for airport security screening and boarding.
How to request a Mobile check in with Lufthansa Airlines?
Lufthansa airline mobile app allows passengers to quickly address check in and other related queries like Lufthansa flight delay reimbursement. Follow the steps given below –
- Head to the official Lufthansa app check in on your mobile device or tablet.
- Choose “Check in” from the main page of the app and enter the ticket confirmation number or the booking code.
- Submit the details by choosing “Check in”. You can add meals, and choose preferable seating arrangements, etc.
- The airline will process the Lufthansa airlines web check in request after reviewing and confirming the details.
- Your boarding pass will be available in the app, which you can display at airport security and for boarding.
How to Avail Check- in via Lufthansa Self-Service Kiosk Check-in at the Airport?
You can complete Lufthansa check in via self-service kiosks at the airport counter by following the steps given below –
- Head to the self-service kiosk for Lufthansa check in time at airport.
- Scan the passport (If applicable) or enter the booking confirmation number or the booking code to retrieve flight details.
- Select the required flight and confirm details like personal information, sitting preference, luggage details, etc.
- The airline processes the check-in information and prints the boarding pass directly from the kiosk counter.
- Proceed to luggage drop-off if necessary, or directly to security and boarding.
- You can proceed with security screening and head to the boarding departure area after you get the boarding pass.
Does Lufthansa chat assistant offer check in for passengers?
Lufthansa airline offers chat assistance or a live chat facility to passengers to cater to requests like check in and Lufthansa flight change.
- Head to the Lufthansa official website and choose “Help and Contact” from the main menu.
- You will find the “Chat icon” at the end of the page.
- Choose “Lufthansa chat assistant” and type “Check in”.
- Provide necessary flight details, booking reference, booking code, & ticket number, etc.
- Wait for the chat assistant to respond and provide the necessary information or assistance.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the check in requirements.
- You can choose meals, and sitting arrangements, or opt for other changes via chat assistant.
- Once the issue is resolved, end the Live chat.
Can I request check in over the phone with Lufthansa?
You can also connect with the airline over the phone for check in and other related queries.
Take a look at the following steps to complete the Lufthansa airline check in over the phone –
- Head to the official website and choose “Help and Contact” from the main menu.
- Choose “New Booking and Check in” and further choose “Flight booking and payment options”.
- Scroll down and choose “Call Us”.
- Select the country and the associated phone number.
- Here are the popular locations, contact details, and associated operating hours.
|Country||Contact Numbers||Operating Hours|
|Albania||+355 4 450 0295||Mon–Fri- 08:30 – 16:30|
|Australia||+61 283499694||24 hours daily|
|United States||+1954 635 4549||Mon–Fri, 02.00–16.00 (East)|
|Canada||+1 833 9512503||24 hours daily|
|Germany||+49 (0) 69 86 799 799||24 hours daily|
|Austria||+43 7203800523||Mon–Fri – 06:00 – 21:00|
|Switzerland||+41 435 478 631||Mon–Fri, 08.00–22.00 hours|
|Spain||+34 900031081, +34 910878029||Mon–Fri, 08.00–22.00 hours|
|Italy||+39 089 9198000||24 hours daily|
|France||+33 170 48 91 70||Mon–Fri, 08:30 – 22:00|
|Luxembourg||+352 3420 8089 80||24 hours daily|
|Belgium||+3226200888||24 hours daily|
|the Netherlands||+31 20 721 9242||24 hours daily|
|United Kingdom||+44 371 641 0401||24 hours daily|
|Denmark||+45 (0) 433 26774||Mon–Fri, 08.00–22.00 hours|
|Norway||+47 24140550||24 hours daily|
|Finland||+358 972522556||24 hours daily|
|Greece||+30 211 1211712, +30 210 6175225||Mon–Fri, 09.00–20.00 hours|
Note – Head to the official website “Help and Contact” section to refer to other countries’ customer support details.
Is Automated check-in available at Lufthansa Airlines?
To complete the automated check-in with Lufthansa, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Lufthansa website or use the Lufthansa app on your mobile device.
- Enter your booking details such as your last name and booking reference number.
- Select the flight you want to check-in for.
- Choose your preferred sitting and add any additional services you may require (e.g. bags, meals, etc.).
- Confirm your check-in and print your boarding pass or have it sent to your mobile device.
How to Contact Lufthansa Airlines through social media platforms?
Lufthansa Airlines is available on a variety of social media platforms to provide facilities like Lufthansa pet policy and check in to name a few. You may receive a response within 24-48 hours and will be provided best solutions
The popular platforms are discussed as follows –
|Social Media Platforms||Social Media Profile Link/ Profile URL|
How does the Lufthansa boarding process work?
Lufthansa airline has a dedicated Group Boarding mechanism for continental and inter-continental flights for a relaxed and reliable boarding experience. Keep in mind that –
- The Boarding group reference number is displayed on the boarding pass.
- Passengers boarding the airline together are allotted the same boarding group.
- The boarding sequence is – Pre Boarding, followed by Priority Groups, and then the remaining groups follow.
Following tables constitute the rundown for Boarding groups allocated for continental and intercontinental routes.
Boarding for Continental Flights
|Boarding Groups||Categories of Passengers|
|Pre-boarding||Families with kids below ages 5 and infants, Unaccompanied minors, Passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility|
|Priority Group 1||Passengers with HON Circle Membership|
|Priority Group 2||Business Fare type travelers, Star Alliance Gold members, Economy Flex fare passengers, Senators|
|Group 3||Economy Class passengers with a window seat booking and traveling with companions|
|Group 4||Economy Class passengers with middle seats booking and companions|
|Group 5||Economy Class passengers who have booked aisle seats|
Boarding for Inter-Continental Flights
|Boarding Groups||Categories of Passengers|
|Pre-boarding||Unaccompanied minors, Families with children below ages 5 and infants, Passengers with disabilities or difficulty in movement|
|Priority Group 1||Passengers with HON Circle Membership, First Class passengers|
|Priority Group 2||Senators, Business Class passengers, Star Alliance Gold card members|
|Group 3||Premium class Economy fare passengers|
|Group 4||Economy Class passengers with window seat booking and flying with companions|
|Group 5||Economy passengers with middle seats booking and companions|
|Group 6||Economy fare type passengers with aisle seats reservation|
The Lufthansa check-in process is designed to make travel as convenient as possible, with multiple options available. Arrive at the airport with enough time to complete the process and allow for any delays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Passengers can check in 23 hours before the flight departure using online and offline methods and print the boarding pass.
Connect with the airline via contact numbers available within the Service Center option in “Help and Contact”.
Yes, you can check at the airport via self-service kiosks and directly print the boarding pass after offering adequate details.
Yes, You can check in online up to 23 hours before the scheduled flight time using the booking confirmation code and ticket confirmation number.
Lufthansa check in online international flights are not available for codeshare flights, flights operated by other airlines, and some locations specified under the policy.
The requirements may differ from one airport to another. However, it is advised to print a boarding pass to avoid hassle.
You can access Lufthansa online check in print boarding pass facility, print it at the kiosk, or ticket counter, or use a printer at home for online and mobile check in.
Yes, Lufthansa airline permits online check in for domestic and international flights via the “Check in” option on the website portal.
Lufthansa check in begins 23 hours before the scheduled flight departure time. Keep note that the check in deadline may differ from one airport to another.
Late-night Lufthansa flight check in time is directed to passengers traveling with kids, tour groups, and those with lots of luggage on the go.