Air France cancellation policy has been amended recently and is pretty flexible for passengers flying with this airline. Depending on when you bought the ticket and for what travel date, its policy gives you the option to amend, cancel, or refund your ticket.
What is Air France’s Ticket Cancellation Policy
Both refundable and nonrefundable prices would be subject to the Air France cancellation policy. Similarly, to this, there are various more rules you should be aware of before really canceling. Both refundable and non-refundable fares have different sets of rules.
1. For Non-Refundable Tickets
The following conditions will apply to the restricted fares –
- Air France only applies cancellation to segments that are not utilized or flown.
- Passengers may request a cancellation for any limited or non-refundable fare and receive a future credit voucher.
- The future credit voucher, which may be used to book new tickets, is still valid for a year from the date of cancellation.
- Passengers must pay the difference in the fare if the residual value of the new fare is more than the actual value of the travel coupon.
- According to Air France cancellation policy, there is no reimbursement to be made to the remaining amount in the event of a lower fare difference.
- In the event of death, and occasionally due to illness or injury to close relatives, tickets will be refunded.
2. For Refundable Tickets
The following conditions will apply to the non-restricted fares –
- Passengers can claim a refund on the unused portion of the flight.
- For international flights, it is possible to seek a cancellation up to 4 hours before the departure time.
- Flights within France are subject to cancellation up to two hours before departure.
- If a traveler cancels their reservation and requests a refund after the planned departure, they will be charged a no-show fee in addition to the airline’s cancellation fees.
- Under no circumstances will a remission of the cancellation charge be granted.
What is the 24-Hour Cancellation Policy with Air France?
According to the Air france 24 hour cancellation policy, travelers who choose to cancel their bookings within the first 24 hours after making their reservations.
Before seeking Air France cancel within 24 hours policy, travellers should take the following into consideration:
- To be eligible for a full refund, the departure date must be at least seven days out from the time of cancellation.
- The frequent flier member is not eligible for the Air France cancellation policy 24 hours.
- A 24-hour cancellation would not be applicable to group passengers of ten or more people.
- Any reservation made using a coupon for travel credit is not covered.
- No Air France cancellation fee would be applicable for cancellations made within 24 hours.
Pro tip – Passengers can also request an Air France flight change within 24 hours of booking. No change fee will apply.
How to Cancel Air France Tickets?
Please check that the ticket issued has a stock number that starts with the digit 057 when making a reservation with the airline. Online and telephone requests for flight cancellations are also accepted by passengers.
1. Cancel Flight Ticket Online
To cancel your flight reservation, you need a 6-digit booking reference number or a 13-digit ticket number. While submitting the request, you would be prompted to pay an upfront Air France cancellation charge. To revoke your reservation for a flight, follow these steps –
- Go to the Air France Airlines website and retrieve your booking through the Manage Booking tab.
- When you choose “My Trips,” a list of your reservations will appear on the screen, and you’ll need to choose the trip you want to cancel from that list.
- If you want to cancel the trip you’ve chosen, be sure you choose “Yes.”
- By pressing the confirmation button, the chosen trip will be formally canceled.
- The airline will send a message about the initiated cancellation to the registered number.
- Complete the refund claim form, and the refund will then be credited back to the original account used to make the reservation.
2. Cancel Ticket Over the Phone
If you don’t know how to use the internet or have a restricted fate that prevents online cancellation, feel free to call the airline’s executive at the Air France cancellation phone number. A confirmation email with information on the refund or credit voucher would be sent to you once the request was fulfilled.
3. Cancel Ticket At the Airport
If you are making a last-minute cancellation and you are at your departure airport, you can vouch for this alternative.
The airlines permit cancellation requests at the airport up to three hours before the planned departure time for international flights and two hours before for domestic flights.
4. Live Chat
Passengers can reach customer care by following these methods:
5. Social Media
You can check out the social media pages of Air France for further information regarding its cancellation.
|Social Media Platform||Links|
What is Air France Cancellation Fee?
If travelers seek a voluntarily made refund on their reservation, there will be a non-refundable airline penalty. The summary of the cost is provided below and is in accordance with Air France’s cancellation policy.
|Time Limit||Online Cancellation||Phone Cancellation||Airport Cancellation|
|After 24 hours of ticket purchase||USD 200||USD 250||USD 200|
|Within 24 hours of ticket purchase||Free||Free||Not Allowed|
What is covered under Air France Canceled Flights Policy?
According to the Air France cancellation policy, travelers who have a delayed or canceled flight are eligible for a refund, compensation for the canceled journey, or both.
Below mentioned are different flight circumstances and what you can do in such a situation–
1. Flight is Delayed
Ask the airline counter at the airport why the aircraft was delayed if it was delayed by the airline. Follow these steps:
- Submit written documentation to the airlines detailing the real causes of the delay.
- You are entitled to meals and drinks in addition to the canceled flight compensation if the delay lasts three hours or more.
- You are entitled to a refund for the unused amount of your ticket in the event of a delay of more than three hours.
2. Passengers have been Denied Boarding
Due to overbooking, airlines occasionally refused to let customers board. Passengers have rights-
- If the alternative trip necessitates an overnight stay, passengers are also entitled to the “right to care.”
- Additional compensation would be given to the customer in the event of a connection when they would need to board another airline.
What would be compensation offered by Air France if the flight was delayed or canceled?
You are entitled to cancellation compensation in addition to a refund if the airline fails to notify passengers of the cancellation and does not provide you with any other flights. Compensation for Air France flight cancellations ranges from 250 to 600 USD. The amount of compensation varies based on the-
- The distance between locations A and B during the flight.
- how long the wait was.
- Whether a different flight has been offered to you.
1. Flight is Delayed
Depending on the distance of the journey, passengers are entitled to a flight delay. The situations listed below warrant particular attention:
- You are eligible for reimbursement of USD 600 for flight delays of three hours or more for flights longer than 3500 kilometers.
- The amount of the flight cancellation compensation is decreased by 50% if the flight is delayed by more than 3500 kilometers but less than 3 hours. Therefore, travelers are only eligible for USD 300.
|Delay Length||Flight Distance From Point A to Point B||Compensation Amount (in USD)|
|3 hours or more||Less than 1500 km||250|
|3 hours or more||Between 1500 and 3500 km||400|
|3-4 hours||More than 3500 km||300|
|4 hours or more||More than 3500 km||600|
2. Flight is Canceled
In the event that an airline cancels a confirmed reservation fewer than 14 days before the scheduled departure, the passenger will be compensated as follows:
|Flight Length||Compensation Amount (in USD)|
|Less than 1500 km||250|
|Between 1500 and 3500 km||400|
|More than 3500 km||300|
All in all Air France Cancellation policy compensates its passengers well. Though much of it is dependent upon the distance the flight has traveled.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you cancel within 24 hours of booking there’s no fee charged. Outside of 24 hours a fee between USD 200 to USD 250 is changed.
Regardless of the terms of your ticket, you can get a refundable travel voucher to make a new flight reservation.
Yes, Air France offers a 24-hour window within which you can cancel your reservation and receive a full refund. If you purchased the ticket one week before the Air France flight’s departure, you would receive a refund.
You may cancel a flight with Air France, and airlines provide some type of reimbursement. When you purchase a nonrefundable fare, which is the most popular fare type, you often receive a credit or voucher that may be used for a future flight.