Children between the ages of 4 and 17 can fly unaccompanied with Air France under the Kids Solo program, where staff members will accompany your kid and watch out for their safety the entire time.
This article contains all the unique travel needs, documentation, and your child’s journey from booking to arrival in accordance with Air France unaccompanied minor policy.
What are the Regulations for Minors Traveling Alone on Air France?
Please be aware of the following details before registering for unaccompanied minor service:
- Under the Air France minor policy, a person who is not accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 is deemed to be traveling alone.
- If your child is flying on the same plane as you but in a separate cabin, they are considered an unaccompanied minor.
- When necessary, Air France employees will guide and take care of youngsters who are disabled or have restricted mobility.
- Contact the airlines to reserve the Saphir once you’ve made your flight reservation. It is a free assistance service for travelers with a limited range of motion.
- If a flight is delayed or canceled, children who are traveling alone would receive top priority.
- Your youngster will be attentively cared for by the Air France employees and customer support team even if overnight accommodations are necessary.
- Passengers need to book the unaccompanied minor service up to 24 hours before departure.
- A reservation made through Air France Pet Travel will allow an unaccompanied minor to travel with a dog or a dog.
What are the Age Restrictions Under Minor Policy?
According to the Air France unaccompanied minor policy, the airline puts several age limits based on the route and the trip, including:
Travel within France
|Unaccompanied Minor Age Requirements|
|In and around the French metropolitan region; on and off French territory||2 years and below||Must travel with an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.|
|In and around the French metropolitan region; on and off French territory||2 to 4 years||Must travel with an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.|
|In and around the French metropolitan region; on and off French territory||5 to 11 years||It is mandatory to use the UM service when traveling alone.|
|In and around the French metropolitan region; on and off French territory||12 to 17 years||Although optional, UM service is offered upon request.|
Travel outside France
|Unaccompanied Minor Age Requirements|
|International||2 years and below||Must travel with an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.|
|International||2 to 4 years||Must travel with an adult passenger who is at least 18 years old.|
|International||5 to 11 years||It is mandatory to use the UM service when traveling alone.|
|International||12 to 17 years||Although optional, UM service is offered upon request.|
How to book unaccompanied minor service with Air France?
Travelers must follow this step-by-step itinerary for an unaccompanied kid flying alone, including everything from reserving to taking a connecting flight, the necessary travel documents, checking in, and more.
To book a flight for an unaccompanied minor,
- Go to Air France’s website.
- Pick the number of minors under the passenger category
- If your child is aged 4 to 11 and lives and travels within France, you may also book their ticket via the Air France mobile app.
- There will be a cost for unaccompanied minors traveling with Air France.
- After making the reservation, you must complete an online “unaccompanied minor” form.
Book over the phone
To assist you in booking a flight for your child,
- Contact the airline’s customer care desk
- There will be a handling fee of USD 25 on top of the Air France unaccompanied minor fee.
- An airline executive will send you an “Air France unaccompanied minor form” once your reservation is complete.
- Up to 24 hours before the intended departure, you must fill out the form and send it to the airlines.
- Call the Air France reservation line to make a flight reservation for an unaccompanied minor.
For passengers calling from the United States, call the +1 800 – 237 – 2747. For people who are deaf and hard of hearing, call 711-833-648-2072.
Book unaccompanied minor service through social media
You can contact Air France through social media. The airline has an active presence on platforms such as Facebook Messenger, Twitter, and WhatsApp. You can send them a direct message or post a comment on their page, and a customer service representative will get back to you as soon as possible.
|Social Media Platform||Links|
Are minors allowed to take connecting flights with Air France?
On some itineraries, children traveling alone can reserve a connecting flight.
- Travel to and from France and Corsica with a stopover at Paris-Orly [ORY] airport.
- Travel to and from France and Corsica with a stopover at Lyon [LYS] international airport.
- Travel to and from Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport [CDG] or Noumea [NOU] with a connection at Tokyo Narita [NRT].
What are the Required Documentations for unaccompanied minors flying with Air France?
According to the Air France minor traveling alone policy, the following list of travel papers is necessary for children flying alone.
- Minors of French citizenship- All French children traveling alone must have personal identification, such as a passport or national identity card. Minors who are traveling alone must have a passport in their name.
- Minors of EU citizenship- All unaccompanied kids from the EU must have a personal ID, such as a passport. The children must not use their parents’ passports to travel.
- Minors of Brazilian Citizenship- All unaccompanied kids from the EU must have a personal ID, such as a passport. The children must not use their parents’ passports to travel.
- Minors traveling to and from the United States- A customs declaration is required from an unaccompanied minor when they arrive. The kid must also have their passport and visas close by.
NOTE: Please take notice that if a child is traveling alone and does not have the same last name as them, the parent/guardian may carry the family handbook or birth certificate to prove the relationship.
What are the Conditions to complete Check-in for minors traveling alone?
Minors traveling alone must complete the Air France airport check-in at least 60 minutes before takeoff for international flights and 30 minutes prior to takeoff for flights within the Paris metropolitan region. Additionally –
- Your youngster will be picked up at the check-in desk and escorted to the plane by an Air France employee at the appointed time.
- Sending an SMS message confirming takeoff is required from the parents/guardians who brought the child with them to the airport.
- The kid will be brought back to you if the flight is canceled so they can take the next one.
How much is the fee related to the Air France Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Children aged between 4 and 11 years old –As part of the Kids Solo service, Air France workers will take care of a youngster traveling alone. The cost of the ticket includes this service.
Children aged between 12 and 17 years of age – Children from 12 to 17 years old who are flying alone within Metropolitan France can be watched over upon request. They will thus gain from the Kids Solo service, according to this. There is a cost associated with this optional service. The cost varies with the distance covered:
- For direct flights, the Air France unaccompanied minor service fee is 50 USD (Converted from Euros. Currency fee may apply.)
- For connecting flights, the cost associated with Kids solo service is 65 USD. (Converted from Euros. Currency fee may apply.)
Air France minors policy offers children traveling alone with the easiest travel experience possible since they are included in every step of the process, from booking the journey to the arrival of the aircraft. The airline ensures that the youngster will get care and attention during the whole flight by offering the unaccompanied minor service.
Frequently Asked Questions
On direct flights inside Continental France, children 12 years of age and older may fly alone with permission.
Children between the ages of 16 and 18 may travel on their own if they have all the necessary travel documentation and comply with all regulations.
You may book a ticket for your child via the Air France app if they are between the ages of 4 and 11.
They can request the Kids Solo service. On the Air France website, select the Kids Solo service after inputting your child’s age to book their ticket.
Yes. But they must have a letter of consent from a parent or guardian and paying an unaccompanied minor fee.
Yes. It is always recommended to check with the French embassy or consulate in your home country for a specific travel.