Children sometimes need to travel to some places for certain necessities. For their easy travel, the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor policy has been established. It also describes the methods to reserve, fees, and other things associated with the service.
What is Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service All About?
The Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor service provides two options for children traveling alone:
|Escort Service||Unaccompanied Minor Service|
|For kids aged 2-6 years||For kids aged 7-11 years|
|A particular companion is chosen to watch over and ride along with an accompanied child traveler.||The chief officer will keep an eye on the passenger’s unaccompanied child.|
What are the Rules of the Escort?
Based on the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor policy, kids flying alone need an escort.
- They must submit requests for this service 48 hours preceding takeoff.
- From takeoff until landing, they will be escorted by an expert.
- The language used by the attended kid must be indicated.
- You are responsible for all expenses associated with:
- The authorized companion
- Ticket for your child
- The Unaccompanied Minor Declaration Form of Turkish Airlines should be read.
- It needs to be signed by the parent/guardian before the travel
- Only the parents/legal caregivers may:
- Fly with the kid to the arrival destination
- Hand him/her off to an airline official
- Receive the child from the airport
- Or, the parents may choose another individual.
- This person must present the Unaccompanied Child Transit Authorization Form of Turkish Airlines.
- Submit the form on the day of the flight.
- The parents or representatives must:
- Sign an unaccompanied child carriage authorization form
- Remain in the airport till the child’s aircraft has taken off
What are the Unaccompanied Minor Service Guidelines?
At check-in, parents or legal representatives should accompany the minor 2/two hours before flights to finish all essential paperwork.
- Unattended minors may only be accepted with the consent of their:
- Or, legal guardians
- The adults associated with the child should:
- Complete/sign an Unaccompanied Child Transit Authorization Form of Turkish Airlines
- Confirm any bookings included on the minor’s itinerary
- Unattended kids are given preference at the airport.
- However, the Istanbul Airport has a special check-in area just for them.
- After entering the aircraft and turning over to the purser, Turkish Airlines’ staff will:
- Help minors at the destination airport while passing through security checks
- Assist in the waiting rooms
- Aid while entering the boarding gate
- If Turkish Airlines delays are observed, the purser will assist the kid throughout.
Who is Eligible to Travel as an Unaccompanied Minor By Turkish Airlines?
Children whose ages are between 2-12 years old are considered Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minors.
- On the day of the flight, those who have turned 2 but not 12 are permitted to:
- Fly with their parents
- Travel with another person who is at least 18 years old
- The Unaccompanied minor service of Turkish Airlines permits flying under this age range.
- Unattended children who are 2 years old but haven’t turned 7 years old must fly with a member of the crew.
- Discounts are given to young travelers on trips.
- The airline gives them the same amount of checked luggage as adult customers.
- The Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor for international travel can:
- Select special meals
- Reserve food at least 24 hours in advance of departure
How to Book for Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service?
The Unaccompanied Minor Turkish Airlines service booking process is as follows:
- Give a permission form from the guardian or parent to travel alone.
- When the situation arises that the child needs to travel alone, an escort service is given.
- The booking for utilizing the services should be:
- Made at least 48 hours in advance
- Reserved by calling the airline
- Present the following:
- Identification documents
- Current passport
- Then access discounted tickets for any children traveling on the flight.
- Only where authorized by flight laws, discounts are valid on international trips.
- On some routes, the discount could be different.
Are there Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Fees?
To use an escort service of the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied flight booking, the parent/guardian will cover the fee of the cabin crew’s seating.
- The carrier charges $40 per traveler per intercontinental flight.
- This cost must be paid while booking.
What are the Safety Conditions of the Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy?
There are some important conditions that need to be met by the Turkish Airline unaccompanied minor for safety purposes.
- When the child flies unaccompanied, a full fare is paid to ensure safety.
- It will be the responsibility of the assigned travel companion to ensure a safe trip.
- The in-flight minor companion will help him/her with basic needs.
- He/she will only be assigned when the parent/guardian signs the Unaccompanied Minor Declaration Form of Turkish Airlines.
- The in-flight companion would be liable to release the kids to the final destination.
- A minimum of 48 hours prior to the departure time of the trip, the parent must:
- Seek an escort service or a traveling companion
- Pay the required service fee
- As per the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor policies, family/guardian must:
- Be present when the child is dropped off at the airport
- Remain present when given to airline personnel
- They must also have certified paperwork with them at all times.
- The papers should certify they have the legal right to turn the minor over to an agent.
- They must bring signed paperwork.
- Minors must sign the form to be accepted and released at the departure airport.
Which Requirements of the Minor Policy of Turkish Airlines are Important?
Some basic requirements have been established by the airline to let minors fly on the aircraft.
- The family/guardian needs to pay the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor service fee.
- Minors must reach the airport at least two hours before the departure.
- Minor aged 7 to 12 can take domestic routes and international destinations:
- With interconnections
- When accompanied by an adult traveler
- The airline will require one of the following to sign the paperwork while checking in:
- Child’s parent
- First-degree relatives
- Or, caretakers
- The Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor form must have the correct name order.
- Otherwise, use the name change/correction feature.
- The designated person picking up the minor should sign a statement of confirmation.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 18 can board aircraft by themselves.
- They won’t be permitted to board the plane unless they possess the HES code.
- Through e-Devlet, the HES code might be obtained.
Note: All the parents and guardians should duly fill and sign the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor form before allowing their children to fly alone on the aircraft.
Turkish Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Service Charges
The Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor charges can be around $150 for transporting two kids one way. The service charges can vary.
You may contact the air operator or visit its website for more information on Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor service fees.
In sum, the minor policy is really useful when you wish your kids to fly by themselves. The rules and conditions of this airline make their journeys hassle-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Turkish Airlines allows minor children to travel alone on the aircraft. When permitted by parents, a child can travel without any companion by filling up the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor form. However, the parents will need to make sure that the minor should arrive at the arrival airport at least 2 hours prior to the departure.
Escort and unaccompanied minor services are covered under this policy. The first service enables children of 2 to 6 years to fly with Turkish Airlines. With the second service, a child who has reached the age of 7 gets permission to fly.
Some basic rules apply while using the “Escort Service” of this carrier. Only the parents or legal caregivers of an attended child traveler may fly with children to the airport. They can hand the child off to a Turkish Airlines official and receive the child from the airport.
The Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor fees for two children traveling on one trip might be approximately $150. The carrier occasionally has the right to change the service prices and unaccompanied baggage fees. For additional information on costs, get in touch with the airline or visit its official site.
Children who are aged 7 and above can travel as unaccompanied minors. In this case, any employee of the carrier will accompany the children until they reach their final destination. But for this, the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied child transit authorization form should be signed. This will work as permission that must be obtained from the carrier.
The parents/guardian of a kid should thoroughly read and sign the permission to carry an unaccompanied child form on Turkish Airlines. At the time of check-in, the caretaker or parent should submit certain documents too. A photo ID and address proof will be the other documents needed.
A 15-year-old minor can fly individually on a plane at Turkish Airlines. The airline ensures this flexibility and also provides assistance throughout the child’s journey. For additional help, the staff of the airline can be contacted.
7 Years is the minimum age to fly alone on this carrier. Given this, anyone who is 16 or above can fly on his/her own. Provided that all the documents are provided and the rules are followed, there should not be any difficulty faced by the unaccompanied minor. Along with this, permission to carry an unaccompanied child form Turkish Airlines must be submitted.
You must be 7 years or above to travel all by yourself with this air operator. Children below this age can sometimes fly with Turkish Airlines, provided that the Escort Service is used. In either case, some permissions and documents will be required by this operator.
All minors who are above 2 years old can travel unaccompanied. As per the guidelines of this airline, the Escort Service and Unaccompanied Minor Service are meant for this purpose. Considering the guidelines for these services, the unaccompanied child transit authorization form at Turkish Airlines may need to be signed and submitted.
When you have two children whose ages are 12 and 14, respectively, they can fly alone on Turkish Airlines. However, it should be kept in mind that only the parents or legal caregivers of an attended child traveler may fly with the children to the airport. They must hand the children to a representative of this airline.
For the safety of your child, it is vital that you fill out the transit authorization form. Aside from this reason, the submission of this document will help the Turkish carrier to smoothly carry your child. Furthermore, the form will clarify all the needed details for the airline.
A 13-year-old kid can travel alone on this airline, assuming that he or she has permission from the legal parents or guardians. Before sending your child to travel alone, make sure that you have read and signed the Turkish Airlines unaccompanied minor form carefully.